Seeking Pirates

just a quick question: does anyone know of any pirate groups in the south jersey area that let teenagers join? and that has regular meetings? i have joined/talked to a million clubs and either they dont have regular meetings (my parents would prefer to meet the people i am going to be pillaging with :D ) or they dont allow teenagers. i wish there was a group with a bunch of teens in it... i feel sorta left out when im the only teen in the group and cant do alot of the things everyone else can.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old Baldy Foundation

Old Baldy foundation, the keepers of Old Baldy Lighthouse on Bald Head Island, North Carolina, will be sponsporing a pirate festival on National Lighthouse Day in early August 2006. We are looking for pirate crew and pirate ships . Please contact Marilyn Ridgeway, pataskalam@bellsouth.net or Ann Mills,Old Baldy Foundation,910 457 7481. B)

Well, Har, everyone,

Lookin fer Pyrates in Sacramento, and all I found war lobbyist.

Thought it would do me own Ren Faire bred heart some good to find a crewe to muck about with as I've just moved here fer work. Kinda new te the port. Don't know the lay o the land, don't cha know.

Anyone doin' pirate songs or sea shanties a la The Jolly Rogers or Sea Dogs. Anyone out there indulging in some pirate costuming for that Inevitable Peers Pirate Ball? Anyone catch the Lady Washington while she was in town?

I figure there are enough Gypsies (and close personal friends of Gypsies) still left in these parts to venture a call out....

Anyhoo... it might be nice to get back into the re-enactment thing. Har.

Iphi

Iphigen@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
Guest Capt charles Black
<_< "VALHALLA'S PIRATES" A new pirate re-enactors crew forming in the Jersey Shore area (Ocean/Monmouth Counties) for parades, festivals, faires and any event that calls for acts of piracy! Email: captcharlesw@aol.com

If yer looking for a Pirate Band, check out The Brigands.

http://thebrigands.com

We are based in NYC but travel as far as Virginia and Toronto for Festivals and Faires. We have one CD out, " The Brigands", and are working on our second one, tentatively titled " Bloody Seamen".

Available for parties, boat christenings, port stormings and the like.

Email: wrench13@aol.com

Phone: 631 434 7091

Capt Rob Thighbiter

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

• 3 weeks later...

The Brookings Buccaneers, ae Society of Charitable Buccaneers, out of Brookings, Oregon, are looking for pirates to go on account. Our ship sits on the western coast and we be a new crew. Any able bodies to sign on would be gratefully welcomed by meself, Captain Dorita Margarita and our crew of misfits. Contact Brookingsbuccaneers@yahoo.com. Thanke.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Be Needing A bit o' Rum, this is the closest I found:

THE MARITIME PIRATES, P.O. Box 136, Greenport, Long Island, New York 11944, (631) 477-1228. Contact: Jamie Davis a.k.a. Pirate Captain James Hobart, PirateJames@yahoo.com Professional Theatrical Company involved with maritime festivals, museums and film options. All original cast. Time periods are all encompassing. We are the good guys & gals! Pirate Headquarters is located in Greenport, Long Island, New York. Not far from Gardiner's Island where Captain Kidd laid down his treasure! Interview forms here.

YE PYRATE BROTHERHOOD: Captain Ian Morgan "Mad Dog Davies" Long Island, NY info@yepyratebrotherhood "Looking for additional crew to sign on". Come into our time (1660-1690), and join us as we relive the days of high adventure on the Spanish Main. Ye Pyrate Brotherhood are a hardy crew of 17th c. Buccaneering reenactors with a sharp theatrical edge. We perform locally and travel to various ports taking part in ; Pirate Festivals, Lighthouse events, Community events and Parades. Feel free to contact us.

signature4.jpg]

Siren for you...

TEXICAN PRIVATEERS: Lloyd "Black Deacon" Lively - Quartermaster, 281-782-5356, lloyd@livelydjs.com Houston/Galveston/Southeast Texas & the Gulf Coast. The Texican Privateers were formed out of a need when it twir discovered that nary one pirating group could be found in the Houston/Galveston, Texas area. Let alone the entire South East Texas coast. So several mates who 'ave been piratin' around for years doin' comedy swordfights, pub sings, other forms of reenacting and a basic love for history and the sea, joined together one night. (I must say after quit a bit of rum) and the Texican Privateers were born. When we meet we discuss History vs. Hollywood, tall ships, period weapons from swingin' steel to large booming projectiles. As well as piratical attire and kits. The crew portrays Pirating between the years of 1550-1865. We have several events during the year from sailing tall ships, festivals and flotillas and of course our famous Buccaneer Beach Bash.

signature4.jpg]

• 1 month later...
Guest YoungPirate

Hi, I was wondering if there was any reenacting groups around Long Island, New York? I found this website the other day and I find it quite interesting. You can contact me at vikki42390@yahoo.com

Thank you! :lol:

Guest YoungPirate

I forgot to add in my previous reply if there are any groups that can take teenagers or has other teens in it because I would feel kind of left out of the group. An also, what is reenacting groups all about? I would love to do this for a hobby. Do they have ships and all? I'm new to this so you have to excuse me about my little knowledge of these groups.

• 1 month later...

Ahoy to all!

My Pyrate name be John A. Flint, and I be new t' this site.

I be seekin' to join up with a pyrate crewe that be quite near the Orange County, California region of the map.

If any soul here has information on such a crewe, I would be greatly appreciative of receiving said information...

<_<

• 2 months later...

Bonjour mes ami et amie,

I've recently moved from Toronto, Ontario (oui, that is in Canada, eh) :rolleyes: ... I have moved to Columbus, Ohio, and would like to sign on with a crew. I would prefer one based in central Ohio, but I am not adverse to travelling to neighboring states (PA, MI are the states I am most famliar with).

Currently my Pirate accoutrements are more of the "theatrical" variety, but I have more experience with Historic re-enactment, and tend to gravitate more to "authenticity minded" peoples. I am not adverse to the notion of joining a more "fun oriented" crew though.

To see a few pictures of my as a pirate (although I prefer to refer to myself as privateer), you can view my pics at mySpace...

mySpace

Merci beaucoup, in advance.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are ye up to adventure? Are ye up to work? Are ye interested in exploration?

If you said yes:

A crew is need for the Eastern North Carolina area. We will be covering the Atlantic coast line, PAmlico sound and Pamlico River. We will be doing exploration of shipwrecks and other noteworthy things.

We are looking for serious inquiries only, there will be adventure and there will be work. If your interested contact Capt_stone@pyracy.com.

We are looking for all types of hands from pilots to deckhands to divers. Getting under way soon, so contact Capt_stone@pyrace.com

B)

• 1 month later...

Ahoy to one and all!

I am looking for other kindred spirits in the chicago suburbs.I am in the SCA where I am an exotic Gypsy Dancer and Civil War reenactments, where I am a civillian seamstress.

I play the Bodhrin, Dumbec, sing and dance. I make my own period garb.

I would love to find a Pirate group to have more fun with in my area.

Hope to hear from others soon!

I thank ye, one and all and wish ye smooth sailing!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all ye Pirates from the Portland Pirates, Maine's American Hockey League team!

We are hosting our annual fundraiser on March 13th in Portland and the theme is pretty much everything Pirates. I was wondering if there might be any Pirate crews in the area that could help liven up the event? We'd be happy to supply some tickets to a future Pirates game if you did!

Please contact me ASAP...via e mail or at 207-828-4665 ext 311

Steve Rex

VP

Portland Pirates

• 4 weeks later...

I be lookin to throw my lot in with a crew of scallywags in the Douglas County area of Oregon. If'n any o ya knows of a crew thereabouts, and ye don tell me well I might hav ta begin speakin like a stereotype er somethin, and ye know that could be a bad thin.

:lol:

sig-banner.jpg

• 4 weeks later...