Blackbeard's Crew

Bloody 'ell you devious little sea nymph!!! I've spent the last week trying to get the bloody purply-blue lobster out of me boot :D

I am so glad ta see ye made it out here to pyracy.com. Will we be seein ya at any events soon?

God and soccer schdules willin', aye!

That's why I'm here...workin' in Pyracy whene'er time allows.

:D

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• 5 weeks later...

Can I get some information about the planning of this event. I really wanted to get involved this past summer but somehow I completely forgot about the event and didn't realize until a few weeks ago.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Can I get some information about the planning of this event. I really wanted to get involved this past summer but somehow I completely forgot about the event and didn't realize until a few weeks ago.

Ahoy El Pirata!!

Ye most certainly may receive additional information. The Hampton Blackbeard Festival takes place the first weekend of June every year in Hampton Virginia The Radisson hotel is located right next to the encampment. You have to register early becaus the rooms go fast. There is a pirate encampment set up with several crews from the east coast.. Merrick's Privateers, Pirate Bretheren, Tortuga Mutineers.

Ye can find more information here :atHampton Blacbeard Festval

It is a great event and growing every year. We normally have a period ship at the water front with the pirate encampment close by. Sea shantiy's are sung until the wee hours o' the mornin around the campfire. A sea battle ensues which results in Blackbeards demise.

If ye have a vessel o' yer own there is docking available right next to the encampment. I bring da "Freedom Row" every year.

WE 'ope ta see ya next year!

I imagine the hotel info is for the non-locals. The date is the thing I really needed which I now have. Hopefully I will be able to attend this year.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I imagine the hotel info is for the non-locals. The date is the thing I really needed which I now have. Hopefully I will be able to attend this year.

It will be June 4 & 5 with the Grand Pirates Ball on Friday the 3rd.

If you're local and have the time, the Crew meets this Thursday at 6:30 PM. It will be in the Hampton Public Piers Dockmaster's office (1st floor of the Radisson parking garage).

fair winds-

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

A'Hoy, tis me, Wray of the Radisson, infamous of a night at marker20. Sorry i be missing the meetings, but alas, i am but a noob. Tell me, where could i meet ya'll to discuss me being ships company, and about find me a decent set of trousers!

Argh, i wouldn't mind discussin' this over a tankard of ale.

Thank ye Mr. Steele for the cordial welcome the other night, and to Capn'Pern for some good info as well.

With that i bid ye farewell.

It will be June 4 & 5 with the Grand Pirates Ball on Friday the 3rd.

If you're local and have the time, the Crew meets this Thursday at 6:30 PM. It will be in the Hampton Public Piers Dockmaster's office (1st floor of the Radisson parking garage).

fair winds-

got in marked in lobster blood on my calendar this time aroun'.

::scrawls June 111 with a dripping claw::

This year, I'm freeing myself from behind the counter to play a bit! :ph34r:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• 3 weeks later...

If memory serves, this is right next to the Air and Space Museum, correct?

If you're local and have the time, the Crew meets this Thursday at 6:30 PM.  It will be in the Hampton Public Piers Dockmaster's office (1st floor of the Radisson parking garage).

If memory serves, this is right next to the Air and Space Museum, correct?

Normally we meet on the second Thursday of the month. You are correct about the location of the Public Piers office. This weeks meeting will be at a members house for a christmas dinner.

We are in search of a new permanent location for out meetings.

Ok, cool beans. I'll try to make a meeting or two between now and the festival and try to get involved with the fun.

Ahoy to all ye "Honest Seamen" and Lovely Wenches of Blackbeard's Crew!

I posted a few of the pictures I took at the Christening of the Schooner Virginia in the Pirates Events photo page.

If'n ye be want'n a hi-res copy, drop me a note or download them from

HERE

They be in set 24 & 25

El Pirata! We are looking forward to it! Stay tuned to this forum for additional information on location and time.

Stay tuned to the forum? I assure you that did not need to be mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy Mate's

Mr. steele here wishing all me krew' mates a safe a festive holiday period ........while we take this time off ....its a good time to start thinking about our very soon to be busy schedule coming this year...............many out of town appearances to take place and pillaging in them all ..............a good time to start preparing our weapons and acoutrements that keep them safe to other krew' members..........and of course our favorite victims of all our public..............if there is anything the masters can do to help the new swabs along ..........please do .....................and swabs remember if ye be needing help preparing we dont know until you ask .................so speak up like you have a pair to be heard............

your humble servant,

Master of Arms

Mr. Steele

Time flies when your spilling blood

• 2 weeks later...

For those scurvy dogs keepin' a weather eye on this here thread,

Our next meeting will be held

Thursday January 13th in the year of our lord two thousand five

at the Hampton Public Piers office in Hampton, Virginia

Be there for the second dog watch at four bells.

Topic of discussion will be the scheduling events for 2005 and other things as necessary

Cap'n Pern

4 Bells is like 2 in the afternoon? Sorry my squid terminology is a little rusty. If memory serves up to 8 bells broken down into 30 minutes intervals. The dog watch is probablyt a baseline of which sets of hours we are talking about.

The afternoon four to eight watch is broken down into two dog watches. The first, 4:00 pm-6:00 pm and the second 6:00 pm -8:00 pm. The first bell is struck on the half hour after the beginning of the watch and an additional bell each half hour till the end of the watch. Eight bells is the end of watch.

Therefore 6:00 pm would be the right time to arrive at the meeting.

Cap'n Pern

• 4 weeks later...

All hands:

The monthly gathering of Blackbeard's Crew will take place on February 10 at the White Oak Lodge, alais The Oaks at 3533 Kecoughtan Road. The meeting will begin promptly at 6:30 PM with libations and sea chants to follow.

New recruits are welcome. Contact Billy Flynt more more information or directions.

:lol:

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain