Pirate Clothing

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to what would make me look mighty piraty...

from that site what do you recomend (I am male by the way).

or any other site for that matter. (just tell me the name of the item and the site.) I wanna be the best looking pirate in Canada <_<

EDIT: Also I'm thinking about just a normal pirate not a captain...

Hmm Canada... there was someone on Sword Forum International looking for crews in Canada. Are you with a crew? If so where? Taking on new members?

BTW Ren. Faires and pirate festivals are good places to find pirate garb. I've peice things from traditional clothing from ethnic neighborhood shops, belly dancing events, costumers yard sales, & pirate swap meets.

Just a comment, real pirate captain are unlikely to have eyepatches and hooks. Too disabled to be taken seriously. OTOH a ship's cook...

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Arr Deacon Frye, them pirate boots pictured be the splitting image of the boots that be worn by George Mary in Disney's Treasure Island...Well maybe not the same style exactly or color.... but they be smart looking pirate boots if ever I saw them, even without over the knee buckets.

Edited typeo

Aye Lass,

We all donna' half ta wear Boots... They sometimes make climbin' th' riggin' difficult... Bare foote is best fer tha'

Lotsa yer able seamen on ships had rope sandals to wear on shore, mostly went barefoote (in th' warm climates) on ship...

I mostly wear boots, but will also wear me rope sandals....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Haha, I be the shortest of all! I be 4'11" and a quarter! I be petite! Arr! :ph34r: Be glad ye be tall!

:huh:

Finally! someone shorter that me! I'm 5 ft exactly. Oh to at last be an amazon in comparison! ;-) There maybe some advantages to height but I can hide in smaller spaces. <weg>

Petite is sweet! :huh:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Perhaps our lower center of gravity makes us better sea farers... less likely to get seasick without our heads swingin all around the deck, eh?

I myself 5'0"...

Reginald 6'7"

Do the math... :ph34r:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

I'm new to what would make me look mighty piraty...

from that site what do you recomend (I am male by the way).

or any other site for that matter. (just tell me the name of the item and the site.) I wanna be the best looking pirate in Canada :ph34r:

EDIT: Also I'm thinking about just a normal pirate not a captain...

Hmm Canada... there was someone on Sword Forum International looking for crews in Canada. Are you with a crew? If so where? Taking on new members?

BTW Ren. Faires and pirate festivals are good places to find pirate garb. I've peice things from traditional clothing from ethnic neighborhood shops, belly dancing events, costumers yard sales, & pirate swap meets.

Just a comment, real pirate captain are unlikely to have eyepatches and hooks. Too disabled to be taken seriously. OTOH a ship's cook...

Ahoy, I didn't know about any Canadian crew, could ye toss me a link?

Nope... I got it from another Ebay seller, Grendel's Cave that I've been very happy with. Here's one just like mine up for bids now. (I dyed my scabbard black)Naval Cutlass - Grendel's Cave

I have purchased from gparrot also, but wasn't to thrilled when I had a defective item and was expected to pay for the shipping on the replacement. To gparrot's credit, he did split this with me when I complained, but most sellers will ship a replacement at thier own expense, since the buyer has paid the first shipping and the return shipping. I really like my cutlass and get lots of compliments on it. Kids get wide-eyed and say... "Wow, is that a REAL SWORD?!!!" :ph34r:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Perhaps our lower center of gravity makes us better sea farers... less likely to get seasick without our heads swingin all around the deck, eh?

I myself 5'0"...

Reginald 6'7"

Do the math... :ph34r:

I wish that were true! Unforutnately I get very sea sick unless I take medication. It's awful when the thing you love makes you ill. I did the math .. so... do you use Reginald as a wind break? ;-) :huh:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I wish that were true! Unforutnately I get very sea sick unless I take medication. It's awful when the thing you love makes you ill. I did the math .. so... do you use Reginald as a wind break? ;-) :huh:

A wind break, personal bodyguard for when me big mouth writes checks me lil' hynder can't cash, scratching post, jungle gym, and oversized pillow... I married well...

:ph34r:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

I'm wondering if someone can help me with something. I'm looking for a nice captain's hat. I saw Pirates of the Carribean and fell in love w/Johnny Depp's hat. Does anyone know where I can find one like that, or at simiar in the least? Thanx!

Aye Maverick,

Ye be wantin' ta got inta the "Hats" section in this here Plunder forum...

Plenty o' information fer ya there....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

One new place ya might want to look at for fine histroic clothing is Carlisles

They have some of the most best men's historic clothing I have seen, and there prices are pretty good for the work and quality. I got me self a pirate shirt and a few excellent blackwork shirts (only place I could find such things)

They do custom work and are going to start doing more Pirate garb, so I am talking to them about a captain's frock coat and vest. Check em out lads if ya looking for quality stuff that holds up, and it's all hand made.

They mentioned to me that they are going to try and open up to more pirate wares as they were working with the Gasparilla in clothing orders. They do damn fine work I can tell you and unigue. So perhaps they will have the coats and vest in their catalogue. :ph34r:

If'n yer not afraid of spendin' a few bucks for a gorgeous captain's coat, you could do worse than these babies:

http://www.authenticwardrobe.com

Look under Pirate

or

http://www.centerstagecostumes.com

Look under private commissions.

Also, if you like the looks of the gothic pirate wear, go to:

http://www.darkangel.com

I believe that website takes you to a UK site, but the coats are fabulous, and they have a currency converter on the site.

Me? I make my own. The Simplicity pattern 5958 is great for a pirate coat.

Go to http://www.simplicity.com

Then, go to the pattern search and type 5958. It'll come up.

:blink:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."