Pirate Clothing

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hardest part so far is the 17th century bodice for the gown.

If you wore the bodice with the Mermaid costume, could we all sing...

"My Bodice Lies Over The Ocean...?"

:ph34r:

I like it! :)

my tail is stretched out on the grass

it all makes a nice pleasing picture

the fish and the quite lovely lass!

Sorry, it just jumped into my head....all compliments intended!

sorrrrry to say, none of the links are coming up on my pages......????? :lol:

Question: I do not sew. Like, I do NOT sew. (Although I want to learn.) A wonderful seamstress in Texas has done commissions for me in the past, and recently offered to do a captain's coat. It's nearly done now and is looking wonderful.

Is it considered ok on the Pyracy forum to post a link to her, in case others might want to make use of her skills? I'm not sure of the in's-and-out's yet.

Well, as nobody's replied to me post shouting, "GOOD GOD WOMAN, NO PIMPING OF SEAMSTRESSES HERE!" I'll go ahead and put up the picture of the coat in progress and contact information for Audrey. If yer like me, and sewing illiterate, she might be a good option to contact. I've comissioned (for another fandom) a coat, a weskit, and a cloak and she produced them all inexpensively, and quickly, and has always been cheerful and responsive via email.

No guarantees, obviously. I only say this because once I recommended someone who seemed responsible and who then vanished into thin air, leaving my friend in the lurch. But never had any intimation of trouble with Audrey. Only good stuff and beautiful clothing.

Audrey's Sewing Webpage

piratecoat3viewsinprogressw.jpg

If you want to see other stuff she did for me, check out my costuming page - she did the coat and green cloak:

My Costuming Webpage