Ahoy mates! Seadog or lubber?

Hmmmm.... *scratches head* I guess you could call me a "seafaring-wench-in-training"??!! as I am learning aboard the Royaliste about the guns and how to use one's legs to fend off the dreaded sea wall when pulling into the slip! I love it, but as yet I am very much a rookie with a loooooooooong long, long, long, way to go.

My husband was an avid sailor, who gave up his boat, (26' sailboat) his home and his job in Oregon, five years short of retirement, to marry me. (the poor man was possessed by a demon we believe!) Although a recent wrist injury (arm wrestling machine, but that's another story) has kept him from doing much hoisting and hauling aboard the Royaliste, he's healing and should be in better shape after physical therapy.

He has said that two of the best times of his life were when we sailed on the Nile in the area of Elephantine Island in Aswan, and a few weeks back, when the cannon clogged during a sea battle between the Royaliste and the Hawaiian Chieftain, and he was asked to take her helm for a few passes. B)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I love bein one the water mostly power craft so far , I have had some experience with sail . I'm a rag hanger at heart.

I am working on purveyin me own sail boat so that I won't have to rely on the charity of freinds or strangers to get out on the salt sea. I love classic boats and Ships and I am a fast learner when it comes to remembering what what all the lines an sheets does. And I don't mind heights so goin aloft aint a problem . :ph34r:

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

Bein' a born an' bred Rhode (Rouge's) Islander, I been on everythin' from a Spider Catcher ta a schooner on a refit. An if'n the Almighty will just grant me wish ta prove that winnin' the lottery won't spoil me, I'd heve me somthin ta sport 6 gun and a full 3 brace o' swivels. Or maybe just outright steal the Sloop 'Providence'. B)

Evil Tiny

I'm not really evil...oh wait...yes I am!

Discipline is on the severe side of harsh, and I likes it that way.

I am a landlubber by default. I did have my day when I was a kid, I even sailed for two weeks on the Adventuress. Oh it was GLORIOUS! We had a nasty storm, girl scouts hurling over the sides, but I got bow duty and tied in to watch for logs my whole shift just LOVING it! I think I was the only one that ate and kept it down besides the regulars from the ship.

Now a days the closest water is the pool in my yard, or the rivers flowing down both sides of the nearby city of Orting. Not deep enough for more than a raft. Should I hoist the Jolly Roger on my bike as I pedal towards the mountain next time? pirategreen.gif

- Grayse

Should I hoist the Jolly Roger on my bike as I pedal towards the mountain next time? pirategreen.gif

- Grayse

by all means,hoist that flag anywhere ya can.

great idea.

I never thought to put one on my mt bike.

I have just the right flag for it...hmmm...now what kinda pole.not sure ifn those fiberglass poles commonly used on kid's bikes would hold up to my abuse.

maybe an old car antenna.I think my old military jeep antenna is too stout...hmmm...

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

You can always find those dinky little desktop flags and hoist them on yer bike.. I'm looking to put one on me car antenna just to freak people out... Like the Big huge one on my deck doens't do it already...

:ph34r:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

:huh: Well,mr. Crow, sally on down afore cold weather, 'n have a spot on deck mate! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I thank thee mate an if I ever gets down ta yer neck 'o thae woods I just may takes ye up on the postin on deck, or aloft or where ever you sees fit to post me . :D

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

:)

I got one of them antenna balls and painted it red and put a nice happy skull n swords on it.

never lose the car in the parking lot and no one's been brave enough to steal it.

:ph34r:

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• 1 month later...

I be a seadog Capt'n. I grew up in Boston. I learned to sail a sunfish in the Charles River and then became a US Naval Sea Cadet. After 7 years I joined the Navy and then was a 1/4 owner of a 1943 110 ft all wood sub chaser we bought at auction out of Philedalphia. After 3 years, alot of chaulking and chipping, she sank during rough seas when a barge slipped her mooring and stove in 5 planks amidships. Got enough out of her and bought a 22' tri hull. I've always wanted to be crewman on a large sailing vessel. Someday lads, someday.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Well for meself.

In the non-pyrate world, I have me a 100 ton ticket. Captain and all. All power boat stuff, tugs and ferries. Run me self up and down the pacific coast in power boats.

Sailed as a young man just getting started with the tall ship stuff. Went out this week- end on the Lynx and played in the tops on the Chieftian.

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

As fer me, I don't know a jib boom from a boom box, but I hope ta learn. This seems like th' right crew ta pay attention ta.

Me gran'pappy was crew on the USS North Carolina, signalman and gunner, so I know sailin' is me blood somewheres. Avast, growin' up in the NC mountains doesn't avail many opportunities for hittin' the seas.

:(

On the other hand...er...hook...I paddle a mean canoe! :(

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Bully me lad... didn't ye' see the pirate ship going the wrong way in the midst of all o' ye power boats right in front of the crowds on shore?!! That was us lad!! We did it twice, quite by accident I assure ye, on Sat and again on Sun

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com