Ahoy mates! Seadog or lubber?

Aye Ladd....

Would ye believe me if'n I says, Both?

I grew up on the rivers in Pgh, PA... spending more hours in a boat, canoe, or th' water itself than out up until me 20's... Now, th' occasional trip these days is all I get to use my sea legs....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I put this one as a kinda pyrate poll, if you will. I've hunted out several groups to liven up the deck this summer, and after quite a bit o' sea miles, it's brought me ta question the crews, as an active imagination hasn't held a candle to a quick hand on a belaying pin. Sorta testin' the waters, so it be :ph34r:

Aye,

Actual ship handling does far better than imagination, as you say...

Quite a fine Vessel ya have there... I'm not rememberin' does she have any cannon, and if so what poundage?

Wish I'da known yer was in the Great Lakes just a few years back.... I usta make th' trip to Ft. Niagra, every 4th of july weekend fer the F&I reenactment... go shoot some redcoats... (hey, I be a bloody halfbreed, shoots who pays me least)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

:ph34r: Aye Cap'n Lassiter, she's a fine vessel sure enough. She's a Great Lakes vet alrighty, couple o' three wars, alla the time killin' lobsterbacks. Before she left Canada, she was a six gun, four swivel, gunboat. That'd be 10 in all.Due to 9/11, all but two were confiscated at the border, yep, damn redcoats! I'm waiting delivery on three new carronades, any day now,as the carriages are done and waitin. A group of reenactors may anny up one, my first mate's springing for one in August, so,(whew!) I'll be sportin' six 3/4 six pound carronades(gunnades to be correct as there are no rings on the cascabels, correct for the period) and a couple o' 2 pound swivels). Some snitches have already leaked this information, but I'm tryin' to keep the element of suprise for the West Coast ships I encounter. A hellofalotta powder on deck nowadays!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: the Royaliste....gettin' even in the 18th century

Aye Royaliste,

Bloody redcoats indeed, takin' a ships guns... (what in blaizes do 9/11 hafta do wi' BP cannons?!?!?!)

Aaarrgghhhh!!! 6 pounder carronades!!!! Splended new weaponry!!!

That'll be a fine broadside!!!

Would love ta be there fer th' first one.... :ph34r:

Quite a few sets o' ringin' ears....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Why is it tha' most govrnments don't ha' th' brains god gave geese....

I know I won't get a real answer ta tha' one....

I'll be bettin' yer fine caoono are in someones backyard or on their deck or somat thing...

And they call -US- Bloody Pyrates!!!

All I want is one swivel cannon... for now... :ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Alas, if I could get me sea legs I WOULD!! The best I can do now is cross the bridges in Portland and fly the Jolly Roger from my car antenna! I never get seasick when I am on a boat, and I used to take the ferry to Alcatraz back in the day! I wish I lived a little closer to the coast, I could show those lubbers a thing or two! I have far more grace on a boat than on land... does that make me a SeaDog? Or just a Sea puppy?

:P

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Seadog here mate... I grew up on the water and have been drawn to it my whole life. I know fair Katey also played on the beach a lot growing up in Cal. and all. Even starting my little one right. She is only three and already loves the sea. She cannot get enough of being on a boat and loves to fish and swim....... The Capt.

If it could be so, my life would be sailing. As it is, I'm rather stuck on land most of the time, but I sail smaller stuff. Learned on a byte and capris, but now I'm looking for something bigger to be crew on during the summers. If anyone has any suggestions of where to look in the Pacific Northwest for something of the sort, I'd be real grateful!

Haven't been on the water for far too long, which is causing madness in me, or at least more madness than usual. Am having to get by with listening to sea chanteys and writing for now...but whether or not I'm on the water, I got the sea in me through and through. Just need to get out on the water more!

Thank ye mightily Royaliste!! I feel so much better! We took the little ones out to the beach over Father's Day, and I have never seen two little mermaids take to the water the way they did!! My littlest one nearly got taken by the undertow, but her Da had such a strong grip on her little hands, she never once looked afraid! I think it's in us all!!!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Ok, I'm really and landlubber (ducking everyone throwing cannonballs at me) as I'd rather be riding a horse. :P

Unfortunatly I don't have one anymore (actually that was in another lifetime in a galaxy far, far away), well I don't have ship either, so I guess all I can do is dream about it. ' :P But hey I'm a great 'wannabe'!!!

RumbaRue

**I'd rather be training cabin boys** :P

Aye, I'm forced to admit that me sailin' goes on mainly in what passes fer me mind!

We did take a Carnival cruise once but that surely doesn't count.

First Mate Jan has an 8 foot nutshell pram that she helped build, docked at her father's place on a lake in Guntersville, AL. We occasionally take the wee vessel out, but are terrible sailors!

Capt. William

<_<

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

I be mostly landlubber too. I'm envious of anyone who lives near the ocean or has access to some sort of sailing vessel. Oh sure, Arizona has an ocean...of dirt! Plenty of that around here. The only vessels I've been on are charter fishing boats and my favorite memory, my grandfather's boat in Florida. Lots of good memories of crabbing on my grandfather's boat.

Fair winds and calm seas,

Capt. Scarlett Hawkins

Captain of the Lusty Lady

I be Seadog. Grandparents had a shore place when I was younger. Couldn't keep me out-o the water. Dated a guy for 5 years that had a boat and loved it. Never got seasick. Even went on the Enterprise (Big E) a couple-o years ago for Friends and Family Day. Didn't have to take the pills. Twas a great day.

<_<

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

The fact that there were a bunch of people around, and that I generally try to be a mostly law-abiding citizen in my usual life were the only things keeping me from boarding and stealing a nice 20-something foot boat today.  Alas.  Oh well.

I have the same urge everytime I encounter a tall ship ( not often enough). Unfortunately, I can never get my friends to go along with my plans of "borrowing" the ship for a quick trip to the Carribean. Heck, I even get the urge to jump ship during the raid scene on the Pirates of the Carribean ride! I'm sure you all are with me on this.

Fair winds and calm seas,

Capt. Scarlett Hawkins

Captain of the Lusty Lady