Period flint lock pistols

faucon de mer

Thanks for catching the slip up and posting the link!

(PS I am saving up for the handmortar! :lol: )

No problem, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something, and I figured you had seen brother Cash's Rifle Shoppe book.

Hand mortars!!! Yes!!! In in the 1690s, Maryland had hand mortars (grenade launchers) in her state arsenal inventory.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Track of TW catalog yesterday. A whole lot of catalog for 7 bucks!

but I must say that 98% of the catalog seems to target the F&I or civil war market. I looked through it pretty hastily but the only long guns I found for our period were the French Fusil "C" type 1680-1730 and a Queen Anne style English Fowling gun.

Has anyone every ordered from Rifle Shoppe?

Their stuff looks incredible but I have only heard horror stories of delivery or attempted delivery times.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Aye, Shipmate. I have done business with The Rifle Shoppe on several occasions. They are EXTREMELY frustrating to deal with, but they are also the ONLY source that I know of for this kind of thing.

They won't answer e-mail, and very seldom answer the phone, and when they do, what they tell you cannot be relied upon. They will continually promise delivery "in about a week", which NEVER happens. Some things take six months or more.

I don't mind waiting, but I HATE being lied to. I have been made to look foolish to customers by passing on what they have told me, and then having to make excuses because they won't keep their word.

However...... They really are honest and have high quality and hard to find parts, which you will EVENTUALLY receive. They are just TERRIBLE business men.....

>>>>> Cascabel

I must say that 98% of the catalog seems to target the F&I or civil war market. I looked through it pretty hastily but the only long guns I found for our period were the French Fusil "C" type 1680-1730 and a Queen Anne style English Fowling gun.

Welcome to the joys of 16th and 17th century re-enacting. And, believe it or not, the situation is 1000% better than it was when I started in the period 18 years ago. There is not much call for the early stuff, it's a very limited market. All of my early guns are specialty pieces from small gunsmiths, virtually custom guns. Sykes Sutlering, John Buck, Brad Spear, Jurgen Kreckel, Leonard Day and Dale Shinn are the names to look for. Sykes is the only one with a web site. The others I find at events and see what they have available. Very much hit and miss, with a large dose of luck.

The Rifle Shop has very little of it's catalogue in inventory at any given time. Most pieces are cast as requested, and they do it when they get to it. I should mention that many of the castings are very rough, and a number of gunsmiths have told me that they require a LOT of work to make useable. Not at all a project for the novice.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...