Western Union out of Key West

Ahoy Mateys who have been to Key West. I'm planning a trip to Key West and the Western Caribbean. Thinking about going out on the Western Union Schooner. Is it worth it? Or can ye suggest something better? Other places on the itinary are Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Suggestions appreciated.

~Fair Winds and Calm Seas.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

cozamel is a blast

the have a beach just up the road from the main docks that has all sorts of water toys snorkle gear and a beutiful beach all gratis. and the waiters are quick with the drinks and good food.

grand caymen (tortuga) is spectacular. their dollar is worth more than ours so be prepared.

jamaica. take only taxi's with the red license plates. we took a diffrent one in ocho's rios to the falls and it ended up costing almost twice as much. oh and margaritaville in ochos rios is a BLAST. free shots and a gendarme outside to keep the dealers out and see that no one is hasseled.

Ahhh the Western Union...I was out on her last night for a stargazer cruse...I have to say she is a nice ship, but at $59 per person for a sunset cruise is more expensive than some of the others in town...she is also larger and has live music on the sunset sail. The Schooner America is another nice boat to go out on. I'm not sure of rates on it. A little less expensive, and not rigged like a regular schooner is the Sunny Days. You can find all of them on the internet. I would say that the Western Union is worth it if it's in your budget. When are you headed down this way? I'd love to meet you at the Schooner Wharf and have a drink!

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

As much as I would love to do the Sunset Sail, me wee little pirates are better off on the afternoon sail. We are arriving via DCL Magic and will have to depart by 10 pm. The Western is the only one offered through Disney, and they will provide all the transportation. Can't beat that with a stick.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Um...Ye don't need no transportation in Key West.

The port where the America and the Western Union are is a stones toss from where yer big O' ship meets land!

Maybe a five minute walk.

Like KW said, the Western Union and the America are nice, but if ye not bein' too picky about what ye wantin' ta sail on....there are cheaper sails and sail/snorkle combos for $30 - $35 a person.

They are all on the net.......just do some surfin'!

KW Pirate - AKA, Deadly Aim be a good local guide!!

She works fer RUM!!

Go to the Schooner Wharf.

Kiddies can go in during the day I think.

I could go on and on about what to do there, But I won't.

The best thing to do is meet up with KW and she can point ye in the right direction!!

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

Thank ye for those kind words skot,

*a small amount of swag changes hands*

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

Last time I booked excusions seperately and ended hauling all my gear all over the place. This time, I'm taking the easy route and letting Disney handle everything. I know it costs more, but it's worth it not get a headache dealing with it. Last time I felt like a pack mule for me mate and 3 boys.

~Black Hearted Pearl