Where do ye make birth?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I t'was birthed in St. Louis, MO., then wound up livin' a chunk o' me life on Long Beach, Calif. Then traveled around various areas o' Orange County(Stanton, Anahiem, Westminster, Anahiem(again), Fullerton, Anahiem(again), Fullerton(again). Then I t'was moved up ta Tujunga (San Fernando Valley-Los Angeles), then ta Sunland, and finally made me way down ta the San Diego area o' Escondido where I've been fer the last 7 years.

One could say I've traveled the seas o' dry land.

Rumba Rue

** :huh: **

Birthed and berthed in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Raised on a farm in west central Minnesota, moved to Minneapolis to find fame and fortune. Still looking....

I guess that makes us kith and kin, round aboutly. My home town being Duluth. :o Lived in St. Paul for a bit.

Crimson Crow

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

I was born in Duluth, MN, looking over the shores of Lake Superior. Was relocated to Tulsa, Ok. Moved to the Dallas, Tx area to attend college. Should be in Pensecola, Fl area within a year. You can take the child away from the "big water", but, never the water from the soul. And I admit daily, "Land Sickness" is a horrid thing. :o

Crimson Crow

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Grew up in Ashland, Ohio. Moved to the Bath/Washington/Greenville NC area. Got hit with 6 hurricanes in 5 years. Moved to Key West.

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

Ah, KW -

Soon we shal be a-pillagin' together!

Soon....very soon....

:blink:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Nigel, Nigel, Nigel. It's always about Nigel...

Been ported in the Northwest waters for many, many years but found safe harbor in Portlando (Orlando to ye landlubbers) where me mates Diosa and soon Sir Nigel are billeted. Awaiting for Animal to be making his way down here soon as well... Expanding our crewe on the East Coast we are and setting sail for the Port of Mischief in these much warmer and more welcoming waters along with the likes of Deadly Aim (KWPirate)...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Grew up in Ashland, Ohio. Moved to the Bath/Washington/Greenville NC area. Got hit with 6 hurricanes in 5 years. Moved to Key West.

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

Say hello to Captain Jack and his wife for me, down there on Mallory selling the pointy bits from sharks. Wonderful folks. You know what Mr. Buffett says, "Key West is the end of the real world." :blink:B)

I be birthed in Jacksonville, Fl. then somehow made me way to the beautiful gulfcoast of Florida otherwise known as the Emerald Coast.

Now I hides me ship " Freedom Row" in the southern Chesapeake bay in a rebellious marina alongside the only tugantine in existance. Now I can'ts be tellin ye xaclty where that be otherwise I wouldn't be much o a pirate now would I :ph34r:

I be near the shores of the Chesapeake at the moment, but was reared on the barrier islands of Western Florida.

Everybody beat me to the damn "Birth" pun.

piffle.

:ph34r:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Red Bess and CrimsonCrow... Ah, maybe our ships crossed paths in the night? I too hail from that northern tundra called Minnesota. I grew up in Minneapolis and moved out to Stillwater (just east of the cities by a half hour) when I were 9.

Alas, I am no longer thar. I headed off to Florida for schoolin' and now I reside in the state of Ohio. It be a cruel and wicked place... I hope to someday return to that state of 10000 lakes (and 10000 ponds... and 10000 bits of water that aren't big enough to name by MN standards... yet are considered sizable bodies of water in other states).

Pyrate M

-Miranda Smythe-

Owner and Proprietor of The Flying Jib, a bar for the more questionable Seawitch and Wizard.

Fictional Bric-a-Brac

Red Bess and CrimsonCrow... Ah, maybe our ships crossed paths in the night?  I too hail from that northern tundra called Minnesota.  I grew up in Minneapolis and moved out to Stillwater (just east of the cities by a half hour) when I were 9. 

Alas, I am no longer thar.  I headed off to Florida for schoolin' and now I reside in the state of Ohio.  It be a cruel and wicked place... I hope to someday return to that state of 10000 lakes (and 10000 ponds... and 10000 bits of water that aren't big enough to name by MN standards... yet are considered sizable bodies of water in other states).

Pyrate M

Lived in St.Paul for a bit. The weather in the Twin Cities area is a bit fickle. Alot different from Duluth. Where did you attend school in the Land of Flowers? Shall be heading that way myself in round abouts a year. Would like to study Elasmobranchcology, (shark studies), in Pensecola. Will mean changing degree direction, but more fitting for my soul.

Crimson Crow

Where did you attend school in the Land of Flowers?

I were in Daytona Beach, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. (A bit different from shark studies... although we did have one student get bit by a shark...)

I have a friend who's stationed at Eglin AFB down there and her husband is in pilot training in Pensecola at the Naval base. They like the area quite a lot, and I've been through there a few times. Very pretty, better than the rest of Florida for sure!

Aye, the weather in the cities is fickle, but I still miss it sometimes. I always liked Duluth though, we'd go up there pretty often to visit, and go canoeing up in the BWCA. Me with my paddle yelling "Arrrr!" in the middle of the wilderness.

B)

-Miranda Smythe-

Owner and Proprietor of The Flying Jib, a bar for the more questionable Seawitch and Wizard.

Fictional Bric-a-Brac

Where did you attend school in the Land of Flowers?

I were in Daytona Beach, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. (A bit different from shark studies... although we did have one student get bit by a shark...)

I have a friend who's stationed at Eglin AFB down there and her husband is in pilot training in Pensecola at the Naval base. They like the area quite a lot, and I've been through there a few times. Very pretty, better than the rest of Florida for sure!

Aye, the weather in the cities is fickle, but I still miss it sometimes. I always liked Duluth though, we'd go up there pretty often to visit, and go canoeing up in the BWCA. Me with my paddle yelling "Arrrr!" in the middle of the wilderness.

B)

Happy to hear you enjoyed my olde stomping grounds. Did you ever go down by the "bay" area when the oar ships come in to load. Man, when I was a kid I used to go down there with my dad and wave at the crew on deck, they would always wave back. It's like this great kodack memory for me. As a kid I always got the biggest kick out of that....Now I feel homesick. And just remember...Sharks in the Seas demand healthy respect, But the ones on land are far more dangerouse. B)

Crimson Crow