Jabber about "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Jamaica Rose

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except o' course, fer yer pointy shears, yer zillions of wee pins, all them needles.... never, ever, make a seamstress mad at ye... (crotch in the pants are too short? Oh, so sorry... what do you mean one sleeve is an inch too short!???!!) :lol::lol::o

*LOL*

"Oh, I left pins in the inseam again, did I?"

"Why yes, that coat is SUPPOSED to drag on th' deck, mate. It's the latest fashion from London. Trip over it, ye say? Yer a pirate, ye 'ave such lovely reflexes."

"No, th' stripes don' make ye look fat..." *cough**cough*

As for that wee bit o' short in th' crotch problem? Oh m'sure there's a way it can be fixed....tricky, aye, but do-able....oddly 'nuff, somethin' I 'aven't done yet. M'used t' buildin' stuff, not so much tearin' it apart..

Chances are ye'll likely need some o' the same fabric...or somethin' similar that no one 'll notice bein' patched in.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Ahoy there,

First of all, there was quite a bit of information that I couldn't decifer in that movie, brilliant as it was. I loved it, too! The compass was one of them, and indeed, Commodore Norrington did fail to examine the compass as he should.

My take on the compass is that it isn't a compass but a pedulum made up to look like a compass. Pendulums are used magickally to find treasure. That's why Sparrow was turning about so. That's something one would do with a pendulum.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

My take on the compass is that it was a ruse Sparrow used from the beginning to reassure his crew that he knew just where they were going. When in fact, he didn't have a clue where he was headed, or perhaps trusted his instincts to lead him.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

:) 'O course the compass was a ruse, everyone knows the Lady Washington has GPS onboard!!.... :unsure:

*snickering madly!!*

Actually..here's a thought I had..

The Disneyland exhibit addresses Jack's compass as a "Cursed Compass"..at least, going by one of the pictures that someone took.

Now..let's go with the remarks about the compass in the movie..the commentary was that the compass "didn't point north". Some would consider that broken. Gibbs, however, makes the statement about "well we aren't trying to find north, are we?"

Now..let's go to the very end of the movie..with the monkey. He swipes a coin. That's all we see.

The point?

I would say that the monkey and the compass are "guides" to tempt people into finding the treasure, then taking it so they are tricked into the curse.

That's the very VERY short theory. I also have a sub-theory on one needing the monkey or the compass to find the curse as well as the coordinates. Afterall, the two main people who could navigate themselves (or others) to the Isle had either the monkey or the compass with them.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

I would say that the monkey and the compass are "guides" to tempt people into finding the treasure, then taking it so they are tricked into the curse.

That's the very VERY short theory. I also have a sub-theory on one needing the monkey or the compass to find the curse as well as the coordinates. Afterall, the two main people who could navigate themselves (or others) to the Isle had either the monkey or the compass with them.

The MONKEY!!??? That nasty-A**** little monkey!!

'I'll tell you stories about that Monkey! You just wait until Faire! :ph34r:

Oh. :unsure:

Are you talking about just how the Monkley was in the flick?

Oh well that's MUCH differn't then how he was on the set!! :ph34r:

Little bugger!! :ph34r: (mutter'n under me breath)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The MONKEY!!??? That nasty-A**** little monkey!!

'I'll tell you stories about that Monkey! You just wait until Faire! :ph34r:

Oh. :unsure:

Are you talking about just how the Monkley was in the flick?

Oh well that's MUCH differn't then how he was on the set!! :ph34r:

Little bugger!! :ph34r: (mutter'n under me breath)

:ph34r:

I KNEW I called 'm Demon Monkey for a reason!!!!!! Anythin' going wrong of late, I blame it on that vile beastie.

Keys missing? "Bloody monkey.."

Paper jam in the office? "The monkey did it..."

Rum gone?" MONKEY!!!"

Did I mention that I 'ave a stuffed monkey 'ere that I need t' put clothes on? Maybe even in time for th' weekend?

I shouldn' bring 'im with me eh? Might give ye nightmares....

"Why yes, that coat is SUPPOSED to drag on th' deck, mate. It's the latest fashion from London. Trip over it, ye say? Yer a pirate, ye 'ave such lovely reflexes."

"No, th' stripes don' make ye look fat..." *cough**cough*

Lyke I said.........fashion......

Who sewd' the garb for the ruddy monkey?

Who sewd' the garb for the ruddy monkey?

Me of course! :)

I might make it an 'on the way to Ojai" project. Dress the monkey, or dress the Jack Sparrow sock puppet.

Considern' the general tempo of this crew, I'm not even gonna ask about the "Jack Sparrow sock puppet"......not even gonna' think about it......

'Tis not as perverted as ye might think...

I 'ave a friend who made a couple of Harry Potter sock puppets, so I figured I'd offer up me challenge an' make one o' Captain Jack.

So far, I managed to acquire a properly tan sock, sew in its mouth, and make up a few dreadlocks for his hair. I need to make a mess more hair for it, sew on his eyes and facial hair, and all the other lil' embellishments.

We'll see what happens..a bag o' sewin' stuffs while I'm sittin' around th' encampment would be right expected o' me afterall... :ph34r:

I'm still picturing taking measurements on the monkey, seamstress "here, try this on" ........monkey ("it makes me look FAAAAT!").............. "NO, it's the lastest (17th century) fashion! You look hot!"(or whatever the latest In word is ...edgy?) ............seamstress ("you look GREAT in red, It brings out the colour of your.........")...........Lassie and Flipper never gave problems like this

I DID make the time to see PotC again yesterday and sadly, enjoyed it again as much as the first time (sadly, because I'm going to have to find time to see it again.......oh well).

Two silly yacking women (loud) two rows back...visions of the crew in pirate garb, climbn' up or the seat backs, daggers in their teeth to enforcen' the code on any an' all who violate the Bretherns code on SILENCE durin' the best lines! Only six people in the theatre. Wonder if it'l be out much longer.....

The curse on the coins is depending on bing mortal and takn' one (or more, I assume) from the cask, "The Heathen Gods put a curse on the gold...." neither William or Elizabeth ever took their coins from the cask...

Do ye' 'ave a favorite scene? I couldn't pick one (but then I'm not very decisive generally). Aside from the ships and the fantastic dueln', the whole sequence from Elizabeths falln' from the rampart (while the self involved Norrington dithers off into HisLand) and Jack SPRINGS into the water ta' save er....to Jacks escape....it's great! But lyke I said, it be one of many...... and ta' think I almost be go 'n ta' Tuscany Sun......