Jabber about "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Jamaica Rose

A hearty warning here -- if ya haven't seen "Pirates of the Caribbean" ya might not want to be reading this here.

I thought it would be fun for those who've seen the movie, to discuss how they liked it, what they liked about it, without having to worry about spoiling the story for anyone.

Now -- my question is: Does anyone understand about Capt. Jack Sparrow's "compass that doesn't point north?" So what's special about it? I'm wondering if it just points the way to Isla de Muerta. If so, how? Where'd he get it? I'm also wondering if this indicates a possible "prequel" to explain maybe how he found Isla de Muerta in the first place?

For my review of the movie, accounts of the premiere party, etc, go to: http://www.noquartergiven.net/potc.htm

Hope you all enjoyed the movie,

--Jamaica Rose

"Not sure I deserved that."

--Capt. Jack Sparrow

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fair wind that blows this message to you then Cap'n.

There is indeed a sequal being considered. Already a test scrip is being tosses about and casting is the larger hurdle. Who all will be willing to sign the articles for another voyage.

( chuckle) We're working on it)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's a fair wind that blows this message to you then Cap'n.

There is indeed a sequal being considered. Already a test scrip is being tosses about and casting is the larger hurdle. Who all will be willing to sign the articles for another voyage.

( chuckle) We're working on it)

First now, don't be callin' me "captain". I'm honored n' all, but that would be me good husband. Even though the label under me name says "pyrate captain", I'm simply a chart marker and navigator.

As to the sequel rumours, we've been hearing that talk loud and clear (and calls and shouts of "Sequel" were heard during the credits at the cast and crew screening). Also heard rumours (from fairly good sources) about some of the "names" from the first movie being signed already for a sequel. At the premiere showing, Matt Stone said he asked his cousin Nina Jacobson, president of the Disney Buena Vista Group Pictures (or something like that) about a sequel. She didn't say "yes", but she didn't say "no". I think it just takes this movie being a financial success to make sure the sequel carries through.

I'm just wondering about a possible "prequel" -- to explain the early story - how Jack found the treasure cave, had the compass, and ended up on Anna Maria's leaky boat. Perhaps that might be explained in a sequel with flashbacks or by one of the characters tellin' a story.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

Just got back from seeing Pirates of the Carribean...A fine film and alot of fun. A little stereotypical of most pirate films ( the rouge with the heart of gold...or is that for gold), and not historically accurate (If the movie was to take place in the late 1600's would they be dressed in surcoats and wearing wigs? I can't say. I'm not a historical fashion expert...just a thought.)

I loved this movie...It has been along time since the ol swash and buckle was on the big screen and this was just pure fun. Damn those historic junkies...maybe they can wait for the Russel Crowe film, me I will chew on this one for quite awhile. I can't wait to see it again.

I have to say more about this film...Johnney Depp is brilliant as the flawed pirate and as with most historical pirates he is sometimes more and less then he seems. Jeffrey Rush snarls and aarghs like he was born to play this role, and Orlando Bloom is noble and pure and always does the right thing...in the begining. Even he faces a dark personal choice. I do not know where they found this Kiera Knightly...Beautiful and fierce and quite bright...hardley your Damsel in Distress. Really strong...I can not wait to see her King Arthur next year.

The sword work was really good ( I'm heading to greatest fencing scenes next) altho I am angry that I missed who the choreographer was.

DuCouer

Ah, the movie we all knew could be made. We all knows that 'Historically Accurate' is a tough idea when it comes to pirates, but damned if Governor Swan didn't look good enough ta shoot! And after years of being a stage combatant (with the scars and arthritis to prove it, thank the Almighty for gunpowder and the lash) I was tickled to see swordfights done as if real people would do it; using whatever is at hand to win.

I have never not wanted an apple so much in my life after watching Cpt. Barbosa offer one up to Elizabeth.

The inverted boat had our whole crew in stiches.

"Boys, take a walk" was a marvelous scene.

Sequel/prequel be damned, I can't wait to see this one again.

A compass that don't point north is very useful if you know by how much it don't point north. Kinda like knowing the correction for your sextant. (And yes, I'm enough of a geek I can use a slide rule too, so there.)

When the DVD is released, I wonder if the Pub could get a quantity discount?

And if you hears about a hijackin' o' a shipment o' the movie when it gets released on disc, I was in church all day.

Go to see it for the fun of it and you can't help but love it. Even the non-pirate folk in the audience (both of them) loved it. It's ENTERTAINMENT!

Evil Tiny

I'm not really evil...oh wait...yes I am!

Discipline is on the severe side of harsh, and I likes it that way.

Aye! Well said indeed! Just got back from it meself and LOVED it!! I thought some parts were surprisingly accurate while other areas took liberties. No matter, it's all in good fun. Depp has singlehandedly redifined the action hero. Oh and the cinematography is STUNNING. It made all the difference in the world being shot IN the Caribbean. I would have liked to see more shots of "daily life" in the film...people going about their colonial business in the background, etc.

When you see the film, and see what a romping tribute it is to the greatest ride attraction ever built, it all makes sense. You love it for what it is. And it does actually follow the loose story of the ride, although there are some holes.

What else....oh - The underwater rowboat scene? Straight out of The Crimson Pirate, and just as funny here, 50 or so years later!

One little nitpick...if this was supposed to be the 1600's, would Port Royal be a lot more raucous, and wouldn't the ships be steered with tillers, not wheels? Oh well. Still one of the coolest, most unique films I've seen in ages.

Great as it is, I gotta ask...WHEN will we get a pirate movie that actually shows pirates ROB and STEAL their treasure/loot off merchant ships??? All the bubblegum kiddies out there will think that treasure just grows in caves and waits to be found!

One tip --- keep yer arse IN yer seat throught allll the credits....thar be a sweet lil' teaser leadin' into a sequel, aye!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

DuCoeur,

The fight Master for the film was none other then Bob Anderson, fresh off of Lord of the Rings. (and m'own teacher as well some years back) Not only is he the measure by which al others are judged... but a downright kindhearted and decent human being into the bargan as well.

Jamaica Rose, Rougish navagator... (sorry lass ; )

Rumors always abound after preview showing are a rousing success! Some of the names are indeed interested, getting the final names on paper and working out filming schedules is always the hurdle but I hear they are most all VERY interested. Nina? Know her well being I am in Talent Administration. I'd say if this film does what it is expected to do another of it's ilk will not be to far off. Hope it comes faster then the sequal to *The Santa Clause*

My one prayer?? That they lose that nasty-*** little monkey!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess,

Many thanks for catching Mr. Anderson's Name. He has got to the best.

I think the monkey did end up in Davey Jones's Locker, aftyer he bounced off of the canon...HAR HAR....

I can't wait for the sequel...Hell I can't wait to see it again this weekend...and then DVD...and then....

DuCouer

The truth be that m'prayer is that they lose the Monkey in the sequel.

He was more difficult then the most self effected actor I've ever delt with!!I'd never had one actor bite another before this! LOL!

You are most welcome.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

HA!!! YA BLOODY FOOLS!!! THE MONKEY UNLIVES!!!!! Er, 'scuse me. Make sure ta watch the after credit shot. Oh, an' the movie was BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!. An' just ta brag, I 'ave bits, an' pieces of the Interceptor replica that they blowed up. Deck boxes, an' Rammers, an' barrels, an' whatnot. They let the Lady Washington crew salvage bits after we watched it go at ILM.

Jamaica, this post is too tempting!

Alas, me pirate wife and pirate daughter won't let me catch the flick now so's they can have me watch it as a birthday present on the 16th.

I'm tied up in me cabin and weighted with shot to keep me put. B)

At least I can visit this fine Pub, that is until ye' spoilers blow in with yer' tales of lore.

I guess you can tell your warning couldn't stop me from peeking at the mates' ballyhoo. B)

At least I ain't a Yankee Doodle Dandy, for bein' born on the Fourth of July would not have offered me such a fine tale to see.

No more posts about having seen POTC for a week, ya' hear?! B)

Went to see it with Boats, Dawn Berry, and Tony Kopec. OH WOW! What a movie! The theater was packed full of pirate enthusiasts. Absouletly loved the movie. Definatly want to see it again and again.

Spotted Jerry (he's wearing the faded orange shirt, rolled up sleeves, bald head - there's a scene showing him throwing a crate overboard), didn't see Louie or Micheal , but Dawn spotted "Scully" who is the real captian of the Lady Washington (aw too bad they blew her up - well in the movie anyway, not in real life).

Dawn has coined the new term "Swishbuckling" for Johnny Depp.

The movie was everything I had hoped it would be, from beginning to end.

The morphing into the skeletons was great, but we were wondering how long can a full moon last? They seem to make it be like forever.

At the end when Elizabeth and Will were kissing, some girls in the audiance went "awwwww" and everybody laughed.

Unfortunatly we couldn't stay till the end of the credits, cuz Tony Kopec had to get to class at Palomar College. So we don't know what's at the end. Guess we'll just have to go and see it again! B)

RumbaRue

**Swishbuckling through life** B)

Now -- my question is: Does anyone understand about Capt. Jack Sparrow's "compass that doesn't point north?" So what's special about it? I'm wondering if it just points the way to Isla de Muerta. If so, how? Where'd he get it? I'm also wondering if this indicates a possible "prequel" to explain maybe how he found Isla de Muerta in the first place?

I just had a long distance shouting match with Wynn at Bruckheimer Productions... According to the lad, the compass does indeed only point the way to the Isla de Muerta. There is no explination as to why it won't point North (not on paper anyhow) but, says, he, it is being discussed in earnest for the sequel.

B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I just had a long distance shouting match with Wynn at Bruckheimer Productions... According to the lad, the compass does indeed only point the way to the Isla de Muerta. There is no explination as to why it won't point North (not on paper anyhow) but, says, he, it is being discussed in earnest for the sequel.

This is found in the "Junior Novelization" of POTC:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where'd he get the compass?" Will whispered.

"Told me once he served as apprentice to a cartographer for a time," Gibbs answered. "But I can't say ... only heard he showed up in Tortuga one night with a notion to go for the treasure of Isla de la Muerta. This was when he was captain of the 'Black Pearl'."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I caught some of this in the movie, but if all of this dialog is there, I wasn't able to catch all of the words of it. Next time I see the movie, I'll pay better attention.

Still doesn't really explain about the compass.

Also, how did Norrington know the compass didn't point north by just glancing at it. He didn't even try it.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I have ever heard of."

"Ahhhh, but you have heard of me."

------Commodore Norrington and Cap'n Jack Sparrow

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

The fight Master for the film was none other then Bob Anderson,

For an article about the fight sequences in POTC go to:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/6231327.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted on Tue, Jul. 08, 2003

Producer leans on fencing masters' expertise to keep the swordplay serious in

'Pirates'

By Patrick Day

Los Angeles Times

What audiences expect of Jerry Bruckheimer action movies, he delivers: They're fast, flashy and dedicated to the principle that no

explosion is too big.

Thus it may seem that the Bruckheimer project sailing into theaters on Wednesday, ``Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the

Black Pearl,'' is a little low-tech for the producer of ``Top Gun,'' ``The Rock,'' `Armageddon'' and ``Black Hawk Down.'' Pirate

ships, after all, move no faster than the wind can push them, and the flash comes from the buccaneers' gold-toothed smiles.

But Bruckheimer notes that the sheer precision of an old-fashioned swashbuckling sword fight can create an undeniably spectacular

effect.

``I've always wanted to do a pirate picture,'' he says. ``I just loved, growing up as a kid, watching `Treasure Island' and Errol

Flynn movies, and I thought we could make something that was kind of fun for today.''

``Pirates,'' the Walt Disney Co.'s latest attempt to cash in on the familiarity of its theme park attractions (after last year's ``The

Country Bears''), stars Johnny Depp as a rogue pirate who teams with blacksmith Orlando Bloom to rescue damsel Keira Knightley

from Geoffrey Rush's crew of ghostly pirates, cursed to appear as skeletons when seen in moonlight. This being a Bruckheimer

movie, there are explosions. But mostly there's sword fighting, and lots of it.

``It's all about the speed and the style of the blade,'' says Bloom, ``and the way they kind of sing, so the blades are

communicating as opposed to just clashing.''

Blinding speed and singing blades can require great concentration from even an experienced swordsman, but for an actor still

becoming acquainted with the sword as well as with his lines, there's always the risk of punctuating dialogue with a bloody gash or

worse. Luckily for the cast, this production came with a Bruckheimer-size budget, reportedly $125 million. The kind of money

ordinarily lavished on blasting caps was spent on expert training.

Bob Anderson, an 80-year-old Englishman with impressive swashbuckling credentials -- he showed Flynn a thing or two when they

worked together on ``The Master of Ballantrae'' in 1953 -- was brought in for four weeks during shooting to lend his wisdom to the

cast and crew. Anderson's ``still very light on his feet,'' Bloom says. ``He was up there showing us how it was done.''

For all his experience, and the admiration he inspires, Anderson displays an English gentleman's sense of humility. ``We're all

standing on the shoulders of those who went before us,'' he says. ``In other words, don't take too much credit for what you're

doing, because somebody else gave it to you and you're adding your bit of talent.''

He is quick to credit his assistant sword master, Mark Ivie, who worked with stunt coordinator George Marshall Ruge and director

Gore Verbinski to choreograph the film's dozen or so sword fights. Two centerpiece duels -- a playful show of skills between Depp

and Bloom in a blacksmith's forge, and a battle in the three-story-high cave set involving Depp and Bloom against the crew of

undead pirates -- took five months for the three to plan, and that was before the actors ever showed up.

Planning a movie sword fight apparently is not as easy as giving an actor fencing lessons, a prop sword and a few marks to hit on

the ground. Considerations include weapon choices, fighting style and personal flourishes added for the character.

``In `Pirates','' says Ivie, ``we use a lot of cutlasses,'' a short, thick curving sword. ``We have a lot of sweeping movements,

cutting movements. What we tried to do was contrast the different styles. Orlando's style is much more classically trained. Johnny's

character, who is a pirate, has a much more `anything goes' kind of style.''

Each sword-fighting move has a name, and during preparations for a fight, the names being called out and the graceful movements

with which they correspond can make the actors seem more like burly ballerinas than scurvy seadogs with thirsty blades. Once the

moves are set, though, and the fight is brought to full speed, the effect is hardly as peaceful as a ballet.

``When the director says `Action,' you pretty much go all out,'' Ivie explains. ``The adrenaline just takes it that much more over

the top. By the end of the fight, you're like, `I want to kill this person.' ''

Adding to the challenge were the visual effects used to create the skeletal look of the enemy pirates. Entire duels were filmed with

just half the fighting duo at a time, each half having to imagine his interaction with the other.

But no matter how well-planned and executed the sword fights, there's still a curse to contend with, one that has nothing to do with

ghost pirates or gold doubloons. What it does involve -- the astronomical budgets of Hollywood pirate movies and their tendency to

sink at the box office -- is more than enough to shiver the timbers of the heartiest studio executives.

Witness the performances of last year's ``Treasure Planet'' and the notorious Geena Davis-Renny Harlin film ``Cutthroat Island''

from 1995, or even recent Oscar winner Roman Polanski's 1986 shipwreck, ``Pirates.'' Bruckheimer is charting his own course into

these troubled waters, backed by an impressive track record and an impressive crew.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

opens Wednesday

Rated: PG-13 (violence)

Cast: Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley

Director: Gore Verbinski

Writers: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio

Running time: 2 hours, 23 minutes

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

Bob Anderson, an 80-year-old Englishman with impressive swashbuckling credentials -- he showed Flynn a thing or two when they

worked together on ``The Master of Ballantrae'' in 1953 -- was brought in for four weeks during shooting to lend his wisdom to the

cast and crew. Anderson's ``still very light on his feet,'' Bloom says. ``He was up there showing us how it was done.''

For all his experience, and the admiration he inspires, Anderson displays an English gentleman's sense of humility. ``We're all

standing on the shoulders of those who went before us,'' he says. ``In other words, don't take too much credit for what you're

doing, because somebody else gave it to you and you're adding your bit of talent.''

He is quick to credit his assistant sword master, Mark Ivie, who worked with stunt coordinator George Marshall Ruge and director

Gore Verbinski to choreograph the film's dozen or so sword fights.

Sorry all, I know that Mark did a great deal of work in setting up the training and fights for the film. But I have stand by my original comment.

No, I wasn't in the film but I was on the sets almost every day while they were at the studio. I watched over a months work with m'own eyes and most everything that Mark utilized came from Bob Anderson. Mark is still his assistant.

Maybe I have a soft spot for Bob but I think at this point in time Mark is *standing on Bob's shoulders* while he *carves* out his own reputation.

:ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I was able to go see the film on the day it opened at a local theater/restuarunt called "Studio Movie Grill". I was one of about 60 pirates from Texas [that go to renaissance faires.] who were there. What really suprised me, and this isn't about the movie iteself, was that the theater was allowing males in garb to go shirtless as long as they had a vest that covered up their nipples. I'm definately going to be seeing it again tomarrow, at the same theatre without a shirt, with a vest.

I loved the film! Although I didn't get to stay through the credits, due to nature calling, I plan to sit through them the next time I see the movie, tomarrow. The fight scenes were REALLY impressive, and the special effects for the skeletons were well done as well.

If they do a sequel, and I hear about them casting extras, I will definately try to audition for it....Although based on last time, since I live in Texas and not in California, nor do I have any sailing experience, I probably will not be selected for the film. :-( I plan to try none the less. [Although it was for the better I didn't get selected as an extra. I got selected to be an extra in Strangeheart, see post in the Beyond Piracy forum, where I got to sing a line in a song, solo!]

Morick Towain

Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Just got back from seeing Pirates of the Carribean...A fine film and alot of fun. A little stereotypical of most pirate films ( the rouge with the heart of gold...or is that for gold), and not historically accurate (If the movie was to take place in the late 1600's would they be dressed in surcoats and wearing wigs? I can't say. I'm not a historical fashion expert...just a thought.)

DuCouer

Ducour

Wigs and surcoats were worn from the reign of Charles II (1660-85) on to the end of the 18th century. The wigs used in the movie range from about late William III to early George I (1689-1727). Governor Swann's wig is the most accuarte for the early part of the 18th century. His costume was also pretty accuarte for early 18th century.

As far as The military costumes that style wig is more Goerge II after 1727, as are the military costumes. The British military didn't use redcoats till the 1840's. I am going to check a couple of articles to make sure. what naval uniforms (if there were any) were like for the period.

The priates were in keeping with the period. Wide brim Resotration style hats (Barbossa) were still around as well as the the high tricorn (Cpt. Sparrow. Melange of dress suited how pirates got thier duds in the first place. ;-)

It was Elizabeth's dress that was out of period and class. Early 18th century women's dress up to 1711 had a bustle in the back. After that the hooped shirt appeared with pleated back gown (saque). What Elizabeth was wearing is more towards the 1720's and beyond. Also I thought the dress that Barbossa gave her was way to plain for what a pirate would keep around to tempt a women. As for her other costumes, also way to plain for high born English gentlewoman no matter wear she is. Also wearing a corset should not have been new to hear. She would have worn one since she was 5 years old.

Other that that what did I think of the movie?

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! :ph34r:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Governor Swann's wig is the most accuarte for the early part of the 18th century.  His costume was also pretty accuarte for early 18th century.  

As far as The military costumes that style wig is more Goerge II after 1727, as are the military costumes.  The British military didn't use redcoats till the 1840's.  I am going to check a couple of articles to make sure. what naval uniforms (if there were any) were like  for the period.

It was Elizabeth's dress that was out of period and class.  Early 18th century women's dress up to 1711 had a bustle in the back.  After that the hooped shirt appeared with pleated back gown (saque).  What Elizabeth was wearing is more towards the 1720's and beyond.

From the pre-production material I read on the movie, the era of the movie was supposed to be 1740's -- supposedly a generation after the time period of the Disney ride. Though the ride looks more 1670's buccaneer era to me rather than early 1700's Golden Age of Piracy.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"I never would have thought of that."

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore."

-- Cap'n Jack replying to the soldier upon slicing off Elizabeth's corset

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

While the movie was being filmed, it did sound like it was to be set after the Golden Age, circa 1740. But since then, everything I've read places it squarely in the late 1600's. At one point in the film some of Barbossa's henchmen mention something about Bootstrap sailing under Henry Morgan or something to that effect. So if these pirates are of the proper age to have sailed with Morgan it would have to be the late 1600's.

HOWEVER....at one point Sparrow tells Barbossa if they combine their ships they could form the last real pirate threat in the Caribbean....which would mean post-1725.

Damn this is confusing! :ph34r:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Aye, 'twould seem the corset/ Singapore reference is to the industry of ill-repute which is legal there, almost an institution for many, many years. :ph34r:

What more can be said, but that I'm glad you didn't understand, and I only do from what I've heard. :ph34r:

'Nuff said,

Captain Sage

[quote name=

From the pre-production material I read on the movie' date=' the era of the movie was supposed to be 1740's -- supposedly a generation after the time period of the Disney ride.  Though the ride looks more 1670's buccaneer era to me rather than early 1700's Golden Age of Piracy.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"I never would have thought of that."

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore."

-- Cap'n Jack replying to the soldier upon slicing off Elizabeth's corset

If it's 1740's would then it would make the naval and Elizabeth clothing correctly period but the pirate (for the most prt) & the Givnenr out of period. But then again the movie has Port Royal as the governor's seat which I think was moved to Kingston after the earthquake in 1692.

But you know what I am not letting these chronological descrepancies spoil my enjoyment of a really great swashbucker. Who care what time it's in so long as we all have a great time watching it!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

:D Greetins an salutations to all ye good brothers an sisters . I have just returned from seeing P.O.T.C. and I was spellbound by the action sequences and the intensitty of the swordplay . I have been readin all this here jabber about the authenticity of the costuming but I think that that the subtlties of the the correct dress will be lost to the general public who are enjoying for the first time in years a truly exiting an entertaining swashbuckler. Most fellers won't care how many staves there are in Elizabeth's corsit but a broadside of siver knives, forks an spoons now thats entertainment.

Rember ta keeps yer powder an don't let em catch you knapping..

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

The truth be that m'prayer is that they lose the Monkey in the sequel.

He was more difficult then the most self effected actor I've ever delt with!!I'd never had one actor bite another before this! LOL!

You are most welcome.

Don't lose the Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always thought monkeys would be cooler sitting on a pirates shoulder than a parrot. Pretty useful too. Look at the mayhem the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark caused.

Anyways, I loved the movie. The way a Pirate movie is meant to be. I loved Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow. His best role yet!!!!

I have a question though. Originally the film was supossed to be rated R (Or as we pirates say...rated ARRRR). I knew Jerry Bruckhiemer and Disney kept going rounds and rounds about it becuase Disney wanted the Movie released on Walt Disney Pictures instead of Touchstone. I know he had to cut alot out to make it a pg-13 movie. What scenes were cut? And will they be added on the DVD? Hell, the could even release a director's cut DVD with all the parts added.

I plan on seeing this movie again, and again, and maybe again a few more times. And please...Repect the monkeypirateAnimeLol1.gif