Pirate Movies

Kuthroat Kim

Without a doubt:

Muppets Treasure Island

Tim Curry is great. The vicious Captain Smollet (Kermit) is a classic terror to behold.

One of the most fun movies ever!

:rolleyes:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I'm going to go with the obvious here, "Pirates of the Caribbean".

You could always do a google search on titles.

And may I add that I agree with Nigel. Muppet Treasure Island is one of the best movies that I've seen.

Swiss Family Robinson, the classic Disney version comes to mind...

Hmm...and there's another one, who's name is escaping me at the moment...Ahh...bahh..I'll likely be thinking of it later.

go to the Errol Flynn catalog. against all flags, the seahawks is a great one .

another favorite of mine is the black swan.

there is one that came out in the early ninty's that is escapen' me right now but in the move they end up high and dry on the chain that's strung across the entrance to a harbor.................

dang that's going to drive me nuts until I kin think o the movie.

twas a bit cheesey and so so acting but had some great parts to it. :rolleyes:

I believe I be agree'n with ye Privateer, Errol Flynn be in some of the best, my favorite of his being the Black Swan.

Ye might want to consider Cutthroat Island also. Some of the lines be a bit corny but hey... it still be a good movie.

Arr, one might be "Swashbuckler" -- with Genevieve Bujold, James Earl Jones, Robert Shaw. Not much o' a movie, but a real purty ship, it be. Made in ought-76, when I was a yonker.

But ye canna go wrong with Erol Flynn, or Tyrone Power, neither. I believe Burt Lancaster did one, a singin' pyrate or sompin', that I would give a miss, but then, whatever weights your anchor.

POTC, o'course, Cutthroat Island has that bonny big lass getting punched in the face repeatedly, and fer toons, try Titan AE (a thinly disguised pirate tale). And, sigh, the muppet thing, too.

Cutthroat Island. It's cheesy... and critics hated it! But I love it.

I would say... no PotC though.

Expand your horizons people! PotC is a great movie that did revitalize the pirate genre... but give it a rest.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

The Crimson Pirate with Burt Lancaster. A shirtless Burt Lancaster swinging threw the rigging! Does it for me! Also for the guys Against All Flags, The Spanish Main, Sinbad, & The Black Swan, all with Muareen O'Hara herself.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

The Crimson Pirate with Burt Lancaster. A shirtless Burt Lancaster swinging threw the rigging! Does it for me! Also for the guys Against All Flags, The Spanish Main, Sinbad, & The Black Swan, all with Muareen O'Hara herself.

I got that fer me 18th birthday. The same night I spilled my rum... I think it was an omen

That said, it be a good film... I just wish he had his top on more and quit smiling :ph34r:

Because the world does revolve around me, and the universe is geocentric....

The Crimson Pirate with Burt Lancaster.  A shirtless Burt Lancaster swinging threw the rigging! Does it for me! Also for the guys Against All Flags, The Spanish Main, Sinbad, & The Black Swan, all with Muareen O'Hara herself.

I got that fer me 18th birthday. The same night I spilled my rum... I think it was an omen

That said, it be a good film... I just wish he had his top on more and quit smiling :ph34r:

To each her own! I like Burt's smile (among othe things). That and the things POTC lifted from Crimson Pirate. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

There's an older thread around here that has a very comprehensive list of pirate movies.

Don't forget: International Talk Like A Pirate Day is Saturday, September 19th! Time fer a party, mates! :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

arrrrrrrrr... Tyrone Power was in the Black Swan.... duh.... some nights it just doesn't pay to get up. :lol:

no that wasn't a mistake.

I'm the resident vampire at work... hmmm... strange picture... a pirate vampire. sounds like a halloween costume in the works to me.

I'm the resident vampire at work... hmmm... strange picture... a pirate vampire. sounds like a halloween costume in the works to me.

Sounds like a winner ... I'm thinkin' Elvira with a cutlass?

Cutthroat Island. It's cheesy... and critics hated it! But I love it.

I would say... no PotC though.

Expand your horizons people! PotC is a great movie that did revitalize the pirate genre... but give it a rest.

Our horizons ARE expanded, mate! It's just that PotC came along and expanded them even more, adding itself into our pirate movie gallery! There's nothing wrong wif a bit of re-viewing of it... 1000 times... :)

Plus, quality-wise, it's probably the best out of all these pirate movies... except maybe Muppet Treasure Island. Writing-wise, budget-wise, acting-wise.

Captain Wolfy Wench

NEW movie... "Pirate of the Caribbean in Scurvy Dog's Pieces of Eight" comedy/adventure. Not to be confused w/ pirateS of the caribbean curse of the black pearl.

An aging Pirate, who be the proprietor of the Caribbean Pub, entertain's his patrons with tales of his Privateerin' adventures. Captain Scurvy Dog sails through 8 Voyages encountering a SeaWitch, Mermaid, King Neptune & a Witchdoctor to name a few... With dangerous, sexy & often hilarious results! cast of hundreds. rated rrr for alcohol & tobacco abuse, a sailor swear or 2, not nary enough nakedness... & cannibalism!

Pirate-of-the-Caribbean-SDP.jpg

Available as an autographed pre-release director's cut version on dvd w/ added features... soon to be distributed through blockbuster & netflicks. view movie trailer @ http://www.PirateScurvyDog.com & email from site or contact: POTC@MovieSchool.org for more info.

there is one that came out in the early ninty's that is escapen' me right now but in the move they end up high and dry on the chain that's strung across the entrance to a harbor.................

dang that's going to drive me nuts until I kin think o the movie.

twas a bit cheesey and so so acting but had some great parts to it. ;)

I believe that would be Roman Polanski's Pirates--great movie--Walter Matthau as Captain Red, and his cabin boy, Frog!

And, let's not forget The Crimson Permenant Assurance--the short that opens Monty Python's Meaning of Life ;)

Arr, one might be "Swashbuckler" -- with Genevieve Bujold, James Earl Jones, Robert Shaw. Not much o' a movie, but a real purty ship, it be. Made in ought-76, when I was a yonker.

Hey!!

That's m'family yer talking about!! B)

I've seen plenty worse pirate movies then Swashbuckler... and the ship, the Golden Hinde, (Originaly the Blarny Cock) is often on display throughout CA harbors.

She was up in Frisco for a Looooooong time.

:D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif