Pantaloons

I have located pantaloons for sale online, but most are white, and used primarily for undergarments, but I recently saw a Lady pirate wearing black ones with a nice long flounce at the bottom like Fancy poet shirt cuff. I would wear those to the grocery store. They had a special charm about them. Pants must always be comfortable, as any Pirate knows. Being able to move quickly has saved many a Mate from bein' run thru !

Harem Pants can be modified for Pirate wear. Many belly dancing suppliers have nice pants, and sashes. I find rayon seems to drape the best. Often, when garments are "Cut on the bias" (ask a seamstress to show you what that means) they seem to move better, too, providing the pattern allows for it. I am sad to see Gauze fabric isn't as easy to find as it was. We really need a Summer Pirate wardrobe, as well for the humid conditions. My favorite pants seem to have buttons, and gathers, and ample room in the seat. I just don't like jeans much any more. They seem heavy and restrictive.

If anyone has a good source for Pantaloons, please feel free to share.

I got my panatoolns years ago at SoCal Ren. Faire, when it was still in Agoura. I was amember of the privateer/pirate group know as St. Dymphna ot Sea Dogs. All the ladies got a pair and one of the women in the group embroidered the Jolly Roger on tthe seat. :) Mine was differnt than the rrest as the skull was in profile.

We all got the pantaloons at Dye Spot which still is in business and still makes pantloons! :) She does custom orders and can be reached at

www.dyespot.com

I also have harem pants. Black gauze with gold metallic strips. I bought them at a belly dancing event in the $5.00 bin. Never underestimate the $5.00 bin! Check it out and Ren. Faires etc. If you live in the L.A. area try going to Cairo Carnival this weekend. It's at the Glendale Civic Auditorium. The booth I got my harem pants at will be ther, so will the $5.00 bin. For more info go to

www.mecda.org

I'll be there both days. This is a good place to shop if your persona spent anytime on the Barbary, Indian Ocean, or the Red Sea.

Hope that helps! :)

P.S. I also know a woman in Upland, CA who does Middle Eastern costuming for $10.00 plus material. She has loads of already made harem pants for cheap. She does excellent work! If anyone wants her number let me know offline.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I'm presuming these pantaloons are a type that are similiar to the undergarment ones?

They are fairly simple to make.

Sloops are comfy... baggy.

Breeches are the hardest. Bllody hell! I made my own for my Dragoon uniform. They are a pill to make! Especially by hand.

Or.. if a piratess or wench would like.. take your petticoat, pull it between your legs, tuck the hem under the belt - must find a way for it to stay there though.

Pantaloons... balloony ones are comfy as well. They work well with ribbon at the calves instead of buttons. Leave the buttons for the breeches.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thanks to the lot o' ye for all the comments, and help ! Har Har Jack !

http://www.moondancebellydance.com/belly%2...rem%20pants.htm

Many of these may be a bit fancy, but they could do for some Pirate outfits. Lurex threads always add drama to fabric....kinda sparkles...but there are plain versions ! Some are very wide legged..one size fits many...and prices seem fair enough. Harem pants are comfy.... :ph34r:

Aw, the best pantaloons are the ones I have made for some gals out of Budwieser cotton material! :ph34r:

I mean come on, who's gonna see 'em under a skirt? I've made all kinds of fun ones for gals. :)

Especially at Halloween you can get really cute materials with skulls and stuff - great for pantaloons! Great for conversation after hours. :ph34r:

Rumba Rue

**Deadly, lovable, cutthroat, well two out three ain't bad** :ph34r: