Hats

does anyone have a catalogue from HatCrafters and can scan hat #50 for me?

Because I need the hat for the 19th and if I get a catalogue, it'd be too late to order one and get it shipped up here.

-Capt. Cronus

aye, lemme look rq.....

#51 = $64

#50 = #83

hope that helps!

Artemis

Purveyor of fyne plundar since 1605!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap'n Cronus,

I'm sure someone else suggested this earlier, but try jastown. They have a nice tricorn for only $35! Not to mention other 17th-18th century clothing including cravats and jabots for the aforementioned "cap'n" look.

Here's Luck,

"Broadside" Long

:unsure:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Broadside Long,

thanky fer the link to that fine establishment.

I was truly impressed with the variety and prices.

:)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

For fellow forum mates with a sense of daring do...

We have found a source for quality beaver mix "fur felt" hat bodies.

These are the same hat bodies used to make the very expensive cowboy and other hats and will stand up to bad weather. ("Wool felt" bodies are commonly used in most costume hats and are not weather hardy.)

We are able to offer these hat bodies for around $55.00 each because they have small imperfections.

A hat body is a bare bones hat which has not been blocked, the brim hasn't been trimmed and there is no sweatband.

We are able to get various sizes and colors depending on availability.

Your comments would be much appreciated.

well Long Steve,

that sounds like a mighty fine deal.

what percentage of beaver is it?

beaver felt hats can be VERY expensive-the blanks I saw for sale about 8 years ago (at a pow wow) were 30% beaver and sold for $120 .I'm sure they would have inflated up to $200 by now.

:D

that makes $55 imperfects look REAL good to this pirate.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

We have found a source for quality beaver mix "fur felt" hat bodies.

These are the same hat bodies used to make the very expensive cowboy and other hats and will stand up to bad weather. ("Wool felt" bodies are commonly used in most costume hats and are not weather hardy.)

What are the dimensions of these hat bodies? Width of brim, height of crown, etc. ??

>>>>> Cascabel

Capt Weaver and Cascabel, thanks for your interest.

I'll have to check on the beaver fur content but this hat is the manufacturers midrange body between rabbit fur and 100% beaver.

Three hat body sizes are available in this blend: (Crown x Brim) 5-3/4" x 4-3/8", 6-1/4" x 4-3/8" and 6-1/4" x 5-3/8". In addition, the hats are available in (4) head sizes: 6-3/4 to 6-7/8, 7 to 7-1/8, 7-1/4 to 7-3/8 and 7-1/2 to 7-5/8.

The approx. $55.00 price is for the larger size. There are also different colors available at different times.

Below is picture (3) hat bodies currently in stock. The colors shown are Black, Granite and Dark Brown.

winc_hats.jpg

Cap'n Cronus,

I'm sure someone else suggested this earlier, but try jastown. They have a nice tricorn for only $35! Not to mention other 17th-18th century clothing including cravats and jabots for the aforementioned "cap'n" look.

Here's Luck,

"Broadside" Long

:huh:

Just ordered meself a new tricorn from these fyne folks....will let you know when it arrives.

:huh:

Purveyor of fyne plundar since 1605!

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen many mention to Hat Crafters. But has anyone actually ordered from them and if so, how is the quality? What is the material? How is the stitching? How is it holding up? Any details that you can offer, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

~MG~

Jocko, in reference to yer post in the other topic where you be asking about leather hats. Now that I’ve seen the POTC movie, twice, I noticed that Jack Sparrow, I mean Captain Jack Sparrow be wearing a mighty fine leather tricorne hat. Well maybe it not be so fine, actually it be looking kind of hot and sweaty. But arrrr and blast if it not be authentic for the period, a leather tricorne be looking pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Stynky,

Excalibur Leather has Captain Sparrow's leather tricorn now.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

anybody got any new hats ta show ?

or mebee tel us about

Just got a new suede hat. It's more of a musketeer style (I'm going for ye buccaneer look) with one side turned up. But it's a nice brown suede with brown and green ostrich plumes and a pheasant feather. It's an Excalibur Leather hat. Got it off Ebay for a pittance! Pics coming soon!

Here's Luck,

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Captain Wolf ordered herself a tricorn Jack Sparrow replica hat from a guy on eBay. Actually, I lost his auction, but emailed him, pleadin' and beggin' fer other Jack hats, and he responded. A bit on the pricey side, 'round $160, but honestly, the best Jack replica hats I've seen so far. This' why I be needin' a real job. :ph34r: 'e also helped me out with gettin' me a sash and agin' it fer me, too!

When I get it, I'll take some pics and post 'em fer ya.

If anyone wants a hat, I'm sure he'd've love to get more commissions. Jus' let me email 'im first 'n see.

Captain Wolfy Wench

anybody got any new hats ta show ?

or mebee tel us about

I be waitin fer one I be buyin a few weeks ago to arrive. I be havin the post man walk me plank fer takin so long...

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I think the hat I am waiting for finally arrived today but I got home late from work and will have to stop by the post office and pick it up tomorrow. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Ahoy, ahoy!

I just finished up the final detailing on my "wedding hat" for my wedding at the Pirates in Paradise Festival. It's fabulous, if I do say so myself.

It began its meager existence as a slightly off-white plushy riverboat hat with a wired brim.

I just twisted the brim up into a tricorne shape. Then, I added a full, poufy white boa (feather, not marabou fuzz). Then, I added a nice, sparkly gold twisted braiding trim all around the underside of the brim (which is the part that you see when it's flipped up like a tricorne). Then, I added this gorgeous trim that I got from Wal-Mart. This trim is made from tiny gold beads forming a square, with a clear rhinestone in the middle.

My honey says it's very girly-looking and makes a fabulous wedding hat, since there are so many feathers on it. I mean, really, it would gag most "gentlemen" pirates. Is that an oxymoron?

Anyway, I'll try to get a good pic and put it on this board. If nothing else, I'll redo my avatar with me wearing the hat. I need a better pic, anyway. I look like I'm ready to run you through with the one I've got!

<= Arrgh!

:lol:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Hey! Check out the new Avatar. You can sort of see my new hat. My digital camera is about ready to be thrown overboard! It looks splotchy. Maybe one of these days, I'll hook up the ol' scanner and scan a good pic.

Anyway, don't be frightened. I know you can see more of my face in this new pic.

:o

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

I'd be mighty interested to see some o' the hats you good pyrates got from Jastown and hear about what you think about them. A pyrate never can too many hats.

Much obliged,

Broadside