Pirate Hats Converge

YOIKS what a site. Okay, Ill have two from column "b" and....... :huh:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

I really liked my Excaliber Tricorn (sparrow version) but after seeing Nigels Hat! I decided to try to buy one also from costumes period as well. He was right "its awesome". My excaliber hat has a 4" brim (quite short :lol: ) and no liner. The Costumes Period hat has a 5 3/4 brim except the front which is 6" with a wire sewn in for shaping., not to mention the hand-blocked leather crown as opposed to sewn together pieces :lol: . I am very happy with this new large hat as it helps to animate B) my 5'8" frame.

My hats off to Nigel for the great heads up on the new hat.

:huh: HarborMaster :lol:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I hope they still be in business...the update dates seemed a bit askew...but with a bit o luck..they be steamin' on providin' the toppers we all need and love. The amazin'variety is what's caught me eyes, an held 'em. I run across a hat elsewheres with a skull and crossbones that be lightin up..battery wise...but they be sold out....if me wins the lottery..or find a ship ta rob o dubloons..I be openin' a shoppe an' title it The Neon Pirate...yarr! It warms me heart ta see craftsmen an women makin stuff ! There be too much junk outta Walrus Martus an' Dollarus Storus !..I tried ta reach the managers with reason..but they laughed me out o tha office..and pelted me wit tha limbs o"dead greeters." It were bad ! Fallin' prices...me chum bucket ! Fallin' quality is what. :huh:

Aye. That be steep. I find meself wonderin" how much things cost in 1700, compared ta todays prices. Imagine $1.79 fer a generic frock coat. Even th' old Sears catalogues...be entertainin'..wit' prices. oh where's me time machine? :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
I really liked my Excaliber Tricorn (sparrow version) but after seeing Nigels Hat! I decided to try to buy one also from costumes period as well. He was right "its awesome". the great heads up on the new hat.

Do you have a link for this site? Costumes Period. I tried a search and came up with 1,000's of hits.

thanks!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hatcrafters is great, and used alot by the film industry for obvious reasons, but the felt is rather cheap. The hats actually crease, kinda like cardboard. I don't know if there's different qualities.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Aye, forget the high price and cheap felt. Just find yerself a good source for 'Felt Hat Blanks', get yerself a water spritz bottle, heat up the iron and have at it!

That's what I be doing anyway. . .

And remember to take the hat OFF before ironing it....

:ph34r:

...am I right, Stynky??? (I sure hope so.)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Just one more reason fer folks t'be callin' me a "hothead!"

As I say - I don't smoke.

I sizzle.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

hmm,

This here hat site does seem ta be havin some html problems.

:ph34r:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered