Question about faires

I was wonderin', what's the best way te find all the ren faires in one's area? For anyone, anywhere? If not, I'm in western Connecticut, and 'ave been to the faire in New York, if that's any consellation for how far I'd be able to travel... But I don't need ye all to find them fer me, I just need to know the best way to find faires.

I 'ope that makes sense! And thankee all, kindly. B)

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

Greetings Lass,

lots o sources for Faire schedules. My favorite source of sources is

<"http://www.atthefaire.com"> which will give you links to several of the Faire databases.

Z

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

• 2 weeks later...
and 'ave been to the faire in New York,

Aye Kat (when ye return from Detroit)

which faire in NY have ye been ta?

One in the NYC area, or the one in Sterling?

If ya haven't been to the one in Sterling its worth a lookie one year.

Let me knows if ye be interested and I'll give ye more info.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! Tito, I was at the one closer to NYC, but to be honest, I didn't even know it was that close! In Tuxedo, I believe.

I was hoping to go to the one in Sterling, however I haven't gathered too much information on it yet. I'm definitely interested. :D

Ah, lass, I graced the Tuxedo faire wi' me presence many moons ago...

An' to quote an ol' sea-farin' minstrel -

"...So long ago, it's damn near....in the year...one..."

It were a proper faire, tho what's happened in the centuries since, I cannot venture.

Best o' things to be doin' oft-times - jes' go and see!

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Kat,

M' personal favorite bae "The Directorie of Renaissance Faires" (www.faires.com). Mike Bonk does a wonderful job of keeping up with Faires not only across the nation but also around the world.

Another good resource is "The Scribe Network" (http://www.faire.net/SCRIBE/).

Hope this helps ya

With Respects,

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Greetings Lass,

lots o sources for Faire schedules. My favorite source of sources is

<"http://www.atthefaire.com"> which will give you links to several of the Faire databases.

Z

Atthefaire is a good place, but its been taking off some of the smaller faires around the midwest. Too bad since I do like them also.

I would suggest you use the rennaisance.com site first, THEN go to the home site for the real dates.. they tend to be a bit slow changing info about them on there. Make sure you check for coupons and maps too. Most faires are grand about that. Good luck lass!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

The NYRF, in Sterling forest, Tuxedo, NY, is me fav'rite! I'll be there several weekends this year!

I very much recommend it!

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

'twas where me pic was taken

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

Aye, I found the one in Tuxedo, and the PA ren faire are very good ones. I also made my way to the Michigan one, but though it 'twere neatly laid out, it was a might bit crowded later on in the day, sadly..

Thank ye all for the advice again. It's really handy. :angry:

Atthefaire is a good place, but its been taking off some of the smaller faires around the midwest. Too bad since I do like them also.

What have they dropped that you know of, M? I'm curious since we run one o them small midwest fairs?

I know a number of them have gone south in recent years.... :angry:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

• 1 month later...

I've been to the Tuxedo Ren Faire many times, and truth to tell, I much prefer the PA Ren Faire. They're both good, but the PA Faire is much more Pirate friendly!

Best part about the PA Ren Faire is that there a hotel right across the street, and several others very close to the Faire grounds. Plus, the grounds, at the Mount Hope Winery offer some great micro-brews. I'll be swallerin' a few pints a Pegleg Stout durin' my visit. Another plus to PA is that the Faire is in Lancaster County, with plenty other things to do if you decide to arrive or depart a hotel a few days before or after the Faire.

Makes drivin' the distance worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I worked at NYRF for 7 years as an actor and musician...miss it terribly and plan to make a glorious return some day. If you haven't been in a few years I highly recommend a visit...new blood, new director, and new standards for buidings that make them look less like lean tos and plywood cutouts. They're still working on it, but it gets better every year. I'm gonna go and have a good nostalgic cry now.

-blackeye susan

Also, a great way to find some faires and other ren-like happenings is to join a local pirate renacting group, although most tend to want 18+ ages. No Quarter Given has some resources for that. Crews and such. It's great to join clubs like that becuase other people may know of some events not listed online. Good luck!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Aye sweet! I was gonna mention the PA Ren Faire and someone beat me to it! I love it there, and I'm not even what you'd call a Ren-Faire type guy. Meat-on-a-stick, swords, and all the cleavage you can wag your head at! What more could a guy ask for? :)

Having the winery on the grounds adds a nice dimension, although their stuff is on the fruity side for me.

Anyway, the grounds are beautiful, and are wonderfully integrated into a hillside forest.

For those of you interested, the Mt. Hope Estate (the winery) also does a TREMENDOUS Halloween. It's a Poe festival, where they have actors in period costume acting out/reading his stories in different rooms. You wander about from room to room at night by candlelight in thise gorgeous old Victorian estate, sampling wine, and enjoying some fine portroyals of Poe's dark tales.

newbannersigtar0db.gif