Your Favorite Pyrate Movie

BLACK SKOT

well..I likes 'em all...pretty much..exept them musicals...where tha lady sailin' on a Pirate vessel..been thru a terrible storm..an not a hair out o place...on deck in a satin dress..and she be surrounded by scurvy dogs, an' a tune comes out of her like there be no tomorrow....bores me ta sleep....'specially when an old mate looks at her an sighs when she hits a high note...makes me want ta douse her with a bucket o chum..and tell her to make herself useful..an peel some spuds.... :huh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that "The Crimson Pirate" made me cringe. I know it was made in 1952 (I have it on film), but watching it now is just painful. Burt Lancaster really needs to stop smiling after every every single pose in that movie. Still...he did play a pirate. And I can't condemn him on that. "Pirates of the Caribbean" is by far the best pirate movie I've seen...followed closely by "Goonies". Jack Sparrow vs. Chunk. Now that's a sequel I want to see...

By the way, does anyone know if "Yellowbeard" is out on DVD?

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

Mr Scabbs, I will agree with you that Burt Lancaster needed to stop grinning so much. I also think that his best bit of acting was just after the scientist capsized the boat, however in all, I think the Crimson Pirate is a rather fun film. Both me mum and grandad say, its corny, but still enjoyable.

Because the world does revolve around me, and the universe is geocentric....

I've ordered and payed for several new ones, i will get them soon i hope :)

The the devilship pirates, and a video tape with two films about Captain Kidd and Captain Long John Silver!

Oh and let's not forget, Blackbeard the pirate :ph34r:

I can't wait to see them, they're discribed as classics on internet! :rolleyes:

hero.jpg