Your Favorite Pyrate Movie

BLACK SKOT

I be workin on my pyrate movie collection. (or any containing pirate types)

Thought I be seein' what some of yer favorite pyrate movies arrrrr so I can keep a sharp eye out fer em!

So far I have:

POTC

Hook

Captain Kidd

Son of Monte Cristo

Long John Silvers Return to Treasure Island

Goonies

Cut Thraot Island

3 Musketeers (not pyrate but still a good flick!)

Water World (future like pyrates)

What else am I missing out on?

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all of those and...

I like "down perisope" with Kelsey Grammer. I always like to see this one. Cracks me up it does! :) :rolleyes::ph34r:

Iron Bess told me an mine about "swashbuckler" with Robert Shaw and James Earl Jones. It just arrived the other day. Seen it once...kinda like cutthroat island (campy, but fun).

~ Jack Bartholemew

Aye I saw Swashbuckler be a good film!

But Cutthroat Island gets me going! I wants ta plunder Geena Davis's Booty! Arrrrr!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

The new Peter Pan got me going but classically the Crimson Pirate

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Ye've got t'get yersel a copy of Treasure Island, the TNT version from about '91 starring Charlton Heston, Julian Glover, Oliver Reed and Christopher Lee. Best version ever made. Only available on

VHS, but Amazon does carry it.

Hawkyns

:huh:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Mutiny on the Bounty

The Buccaneer

Against All Flags

The Sea Hawk

The Black Swan

Blackbeard the Pirate

The Crimson Pirate

Blackbeard's Ghost

The Pirates of Penzance

Pirates

Reap the Wild Wind (won an Oscar for special effects-1942)

blackbeardlives.com

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender

says "hey, you've got a steering wheel in your pants", the pirate replies

"yarrrrr, it's driving me nuts".

How about "Muppet Treasure Island"? Just saw it again last night on tv. I think it's cute and really funny too! Love the music as well.

Aye, Missy Chrissy, 'tis me fav'rit Pyrate movie e'er!

:ph34r:

Ye has good taste, darlin'.

I loves that coldhearted, cruel, vicious Captain Smollet. :ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Hmm... can't say much of favorites.. since I haven't see a lot of them. I JUST saw "Long John Silver" the other day on a local TV station... been wanting to see that for many years!

I agree with Hawkyns.. the Charlton Heston "Treasure Island" is the best on thus far! LOVE it! Heston made a FANTASTIC Silver. Disney's "Treasure Island" I still love as well. Robert Newton was so great. I would like to see "Blackbeard the Pirate" sometime. ::knocks on the wood of the Black Pearl:::

LOVE "The Goonies"!! Just great!

"Pirates".. I saw it once, kinda remember it, not much though. But I liked it. "Muppet Treasure Island"... Yeah I watched it the other night as well, Christine. I just laughed at a few spots including when Silver was singing in the galley when we first meet him... ahhhh, brought back memories when at the Chicago get together. :ph34r:

I've seen "The Buccaneer"... Yul Bryner & Charlton Heston - again more Heston involved in pyratical fun - got to love those 2.

Still pirate movie deprived. So.. need to find them & watch them.

But... my favs... be "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" & "the Goonies".

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I think we've done this dance before, but here it goes again.

Captain Blood (Errol Flynn)

Princess Bride

The new Peter Pan

Sinbad (Douglas Fairbanks Jr & Maureen O'Hara)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Harr...

Whilst makin' me way down th' sidewalk yesterd'y, sunny an' clear, I came alongside o' a yard sale. An' thar she were: Treasure Island starrin' Charlton Heston. I took 'er home fer $3 and me family an' I gave it a once over.

T'were a right powerful an' movin' performance an' seemed ta be true ta period, although, with a few small liberties takin' from th' acktual text, but none th' worst fer it. Th' entire Rogue family enjoyed it theroughly an' it lacked not fer action an' excitement a'tall. Why in fact, young Cap'n Kid beseeched me an' missus Rogue ter let 'im stay up past 'is watch in order ta see th' conclusion with th' promise of runnin' off ta brush 'is teef and jump inter 'is bunk jest as soon as t'were over.

He was as good as 'is word.

Yers,

-Spydre

I think mine would be a toss up between

Captain Blood

Treasure Island

and

Captains Courageous

It be a tough call, but since I got one o' them new fangled VCR machines I don't gotta choose wat movie house ta go ta.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

The new Peter Pan will be out on May 4th... be sure to get "Master and Commander" out on DVD today... not pirates, but a great period piece!! There was a pretty good Disney movie that came out in the early 90's about two kids marooned by pirates... it was called "Shipwrecked" maybe? Anyone remember this movie? I'd be interested in seeing it again to see if it still equals my memories of it . . .just got Crimson Pirate on DVD, HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Just got the collector's edition of Master and Commander,... it came with an ad for two movies I've never heard of, but they look to have been made in the late 50's-early 60's? They are called "The High Wind in Jamaica" (starring Anthony Quinn as the pirate captain) and "The Pirates of Tortuga"... I'll look for 'em, and let you know, unless someone here has already seen 'em...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

"Muppets Treasure Island" is my second favorite all the way ... I also really liked the newest "Peter Pan" to come out (and "Hook" as well) ... and I need to see more pirate movies before I can pick any other favorites!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

I have two. They are... 'The Pirate' and 'Cut Throat Island'

'The Pirate ' is a old movie with Judy Garland in it. 'Cut Throat Island' has Geena Davis in it. B)

'Rum, rum, rum!'

Rum, rum, rum. I want my rum! If you don't give me it I'll put you in a kilt and make you dance like a irishman! Rum, rum, rum! I want my Rum!

I just rented "The Seahawk" starring Errol Flynn, and the exact same cast, and identical plot to the classic "Robin Hood", right down to the love affair between Alan Hale and the heroine's handmaiden.

Fun film! I give it two bottoms up!

:ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Aye, good movies.

'Twas fun watchin' Captain Blood with a theater full o' Pirates, at the PiP festival in Key West.

I hope they do more of the same this year.

There's three of 'em:

Treasure Island (with Robert Newton)

Yellowbeard

Goonies (it counts in my book)

Ah yes, Redd! Yellowbeard was a great movie!

"Stumble, stumble...crawl crawl..."