Pirate Weaponry

BatSpell

What be yer favorite Piratical weapon t' be usin'?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What be yer favorite Piratical weapon t' be usin'?

• Blunderbusses
    • Cuttlasses
    • Rum o' course I don't like fightin'
    • Boarding Axes
    • Daggers
    • Cannons!
    • My Teath...If I have 'em
    • Flintlocks
    • Yarrrrrr I like 'em all!!!
    • Other...

I was Jist wonderin' who perfers what weapon over anyther...and possibly why that is so...? I myself Like 'em all!

Deadly Drucilla

B)B)B)

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordinarily I don't like to fight... but I put daggers because... I don't know I suppose they seem a little more discrete. You can hide them in your boot. and hold them in your teeth whilst climbing the rigging (e.g. Israel Hans in Treasure Island)... versatile.

B)

Ordinarily I don't like to fight

Wot kin' o pirate are ye???

Tho personally, I reckon it depend on the type o fight...

Grenades could be quite fun along wit pistols and other assorted firearms for boarding... an then cutlasses o' course...

But if you're jus settling a private argument... then a knife and a length o rope to connect you be very satisfactory like... :)

Havin said that, I'd be quite happy to jus use me fists.

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.

William Blake (Proverbs of Hell , (1790))

I prefer my "El Kabonger"

B)

"Look out! He has six-string, and he's loaded!"

B)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Give me a rapier!

If I may be so bold....No one sailing St. Franis Bay can better me with a rapier!

I stand by this!

:ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:

Bully MacGraw

Dunno 'bout that .......But then remember, history shows the futility of bringing a rapier to a gunfight.....P.S. Thar be a 'c' in St. Francis :) ...lived 'ere alla his life an' still kaint spellit!! :lol:

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

I been known ta use whatever is at hand ta inflict the most damage in the shortest amount o' time.

And I don't care what ye says, a 6 - pounder with grape at 10 feet ain't overkill!

Evil Tiny

I'm not really evil...oh wait...yes I am!

Discipline is on the severe side of harsh, and I likes it that way.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Funnt stuff Stinky...I likes the Flamin Marshmellies remark...

Keep 'em commin'!!!

Deadly Drucilla

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Funnt stuff Stinky...I likes the Flamin Marshmellies remark...
Aye, I can't remember for sure now, but I think I stole the flaming marshmellies from Darkmalkin . .

*Looking around nervously*

But if she not be around to defend 'er claim, I’ll be glad to take the credit.

pirateYes.gifpirateLol2.gifpirateGrin.gifpirateAnimeLol1.gifpirateWink.gif

To all: cutlasses are effective albeit not gracious: rapier are more effective than cutlasses in a one-on-one encounter where you have room to work; but I haven't just described a shipboard action.

Also, there be PLENTY of gillets out there that need slittin'!

:ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

rapier are more effective than cutlasses in a one-on-one encounter where you have room to work;

Capt. William

Ah, now, Captain, I hates t'be disagreein' with ye, but disagree I must. I've done some work with backsword against rapier (Silver vs. Di Grassi t'be technical). Backsword as fought by Silver or even in the Lannaireachd style is similar to cutlass. Lots of arm, not so much wrist, and strong diagonal cuts. Like any other fighting style, it's a question of controlling the distance. If'n ye let the rapier man keep ye at his point, then it's his fight. If'n ye strike hard and move him off line, then get inside his point, it's your fight.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I prefer a combination of cutlass and flintlock, just because when your done firing yor one shot, it's make a great beatin stick until you can reload. Especially a relly expensive Queen Anne type with lots of heavy decorations on the butt. My first weapon of choice though will always be psychological warfare

For general sea battles, I prefer a combination amongst me crew. Cannon, o' course fer th' long range stuff. Especially with bar or chain shot t' take out th' riggin'. Then, sharpshooters in th' tops t' take out them well-dressed, snooty officer types. Closin' in, I'd order grape an' cannister from th' cannons and swivel guns. Throw a few grenades and fire some small-arms as the ships come t'gether, then BOARDERS AWAY!!! Longer arms, such as boarding pikes and axes would be usefull for the initial assault, but a cutlass in one hand, and a pistol in the other would be my choice. In the absense of a pistol, then I'd probably resort to a belaying pin, or whatever else was within my reach. Cutlass is definitely a must, though. I especially like the 1860's style (yes, I know it's a late-period one, but it has such a classic look).

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

My choice would have to be the cannon. I may not get to play them as much as I'ld like but there's nothing like the sound of a cannon going off to get your heart pounding. In fact when I die I want to be cremated and have me ashes loaded into a fully charged cannon and fired out onto the sea. Just make sure ye fire me out on the leeward side of the ship so as I don't come back to haunt ye.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!