Pyrates as Living History

Aye Cpt. Flint,

I be in the Parkville area. Thair may be some others knownst to me that may come along. We do have some good voices. Do you know where "An Pointin Stille" is in Timonium? A fine irish place if there ever wuz. Tis my 2 bits worth. Any other places?

:blink:

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Mad Woman Cheryl... I Can't say as I ever heard of the place. There is a fine irish pub called J Pats near Fort McHenry. Fair Katey and I used to go there a lot before our little one was born. If you want to try to get together, that would be great. Let us know a little ahead of time, so as we can arrange a sitter for our little Maggie. IF you like, forward me your phone and I or Katey will call you and try to set something up for next week. We are on vacation then. Perhaps you might care to join us for dinner one evening and swap stories. If then is no good, just give us a time that is good. It's always fun to meet someone who shares the same interest. Looking forward to hearing from you....... The Capt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lookin fer any like minded pirates in the Portland Oregon area.

there are several sca pirate/nautical groups here but I havn't found a later period pirate group.I'm hopin to find anyone interested in the great age of sail here abouts.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

If'n any of you live or move ot the west coast of Florida I belong to a piratical reenacting group called "West Coast Mutineers". This piratical group spawned off from my group "Futures Past" which performs Meieval /Renn faires and improv shows around Florida. I've been pushing our pirate group director to move toward more historical teachings as I do with my group in history, stage combat, speech, etc. Learning yer way around a ship, sea faren terminology, navigating, famous pitates, etc. is what we are now teaching. Would love to share ideas to improv our pirate group.

Captwilliam...I direct a human chess match at our Medieval faires. Never seen one done at a pirate festival though. Thinking of doing one here some day. A way to settle a quarrel between two Captains and crews. Whatchya think? :ph34r:

Ahhh Capt Luigi.. A human chess game with pirates ehhh? I can see it now. " Bishop takes Knight " Knight pulls flintlock and shoots Bishop.. Then takes King hostage for ransom and has his way with queen as he pilages the rook. A true human pirate game of chess if ever there was one. The Capt.

That sounds like a good move. Maybe I will save that for the end for I need at least two matches 30 minutes each. With pirates and guns I don't know if this can be done. I can control Knights, peasents, Nobles, etc. but you know how hard it is to get pirates to play by the rules...

• 2 weeks later...

I would gladly join anybody doing a reenactment pirate crew... looks like I may be hailing Captain Weaver given half a chance.. got too sharp an eye out for press gangs, other than winding up chasing them down with my gloved hand in the air howling "Oh me!! Pick me!! Ohhh..piiiiiiick meeeeee!!!!"

<_<

Got an event coming up shortly.. will report as soon as I return!!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Earlier this month we did the media premiere in the south Bay Area for POTC- We had 24 pirates meeting and greeting guests, then we intro'd the movie with a skit which had 8 pairs of pirates involved in a mass sword fight.

Next month we're sailing out for a day of terrorizing the innocent on the SF Bay aboard the Royaliste, with about 18 pirates in costume, a barbeque full of feastables and plenty of gunpowder!!

Then in Sept, we have a couple of tall ships visiting the Bay Area that we'll work with from the pier meeting guests and bringing them to the ship and we'll finish the month off with an encampment at the Gold Coast Pirate Faire in Ojai!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

We also promoted POTC here in Maryland. Even sang a couple o' songs. We asked people what they were seeing. When they replied Bad Boyz II, I'd pipe in that the pirates were the original bad boys...ok, that was bad but we had fun!!!

<_<

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

I be joinin' the conversation a bit late, but I be located (landlocked) in dear Virginny as well. Friday, I'll be located in the Burg where too many swung unlawfully (leave it to a pirate to refer to the law..) and in August I be off to the great Burg of dear Frederick. I be very interested in a get-together. As I said, I don't know nothin' of sailin', but I be willin' to learn.

:) Livin on the west coast of Canada I am fairly close to all manner of shipping but I am not sure that there are many pyrate type reinactors north of the 49th , if any one has any info I would be most beholdin to thee. It may be that I will have to travel south . Not that goin south be all that bad. :ph34r:

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "