Trouble with chat room

BLACK SKOT

Every flippin time I try to go to the chat room my PC freezes!

I added more memory and everything!

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

i was there last night....by myself!!!!...until 10:50!

where was everyone else?????

B)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Sorry - nothing to do with thread... just noticed KL's signature... just like my old school motto - Dum cresco spero.. A blast from the past!

As for chat room... well, have never been there myself either!

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.

William Blake (Proverbs of Hell , (1790))

Well.....Sounds like no one uses it anyway.

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

Sorry - nothing to do with thread... just noticed KL's signature... just like my old school motto - Dum cresco spero.. A blast from the past!

I actually got the motto from David Cordingly's happy book "Under the Black Flag".

*hugs her book*

(Here be the passage from pages 156-157)

"Before he left England for the last time in 1729, Rogers had commissioned a family portrait from William Hogarth, who was then a young man in his early thirties. The painting, which is now in the collections of the National Maritime Museum in London, is small but charming. The newly appointed governor is shown seated outside the fort at Nassau, which he had repaired and which was the scene of the pirate trial and execution. he has a pair of dividers in his hand to symbolize his skills as a navigator, and by his side is a globe to represent his voyage around the world. His son William holds up a map showing part of the island of Providence. His daughter Sarah is seated with a spaniel beside her. Standing in the background is a maid with a bowl of fruit in her hands. On the castle walls above Woodes Rogers is a cartouche bearing the appropriately resolute and optomistic motto "Dum Spiro, Spero" (while I breathe, I hope"), and in the harbor beyond is a ship firing a salute. The painting is a modest memorial to the man who drove the pirates from their headquarters in the Bahamas, and played a key role in bringing the reign of pirates in the Caribbean to an end."

(I swear I only like the motto o.o; )

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

i was there last night....by myself!!!!...until 10:50!

where was everyone else?????

:D

I checked in around 11:00pm central so I may Have just missed ya, Paisley.

I did chat with somebody and the only problem we had was our user names would'nt come even though we had typed them in the upper left hand box.

I like the chat room and will be there next Sunday!!!!

Keep yer powder dry,

S.H.Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Well.....Sounds like no one uses it anyway.

Ahoy there Black Scot,

Actually the chat room gets a lot of use, especially on Sunday during chat time.

As fer yar problems, what version web browser do ya be using?

I’ve had similar problems meself, sometimes it would just crash me computer as soon as I attempted to enter chat or it would wait a while until I was well involved in conversation before crashing me out completely. I tried updating me browser, updating me java application plug-in, but me problem just wouldn’t go away.

Or that is until I started using Microsoft Internet Exloiter to do me chatting. I mainly use Mozilla fer most of me web browsing and email tasks, but Exploiter seems to work best for this boards chat application.

Well, I got on once, but being a rather poor typist, I couldn't keep up with the conversations.I'm really not the chat-room type, I guess. Had no problem with the site itself, and I'm on a mac.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I'll be attemptin' ta get on there....try and try again I always say!

Many thanks fer the inputs!

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast