Fencing?

julius27

I be wantin' ta teach meself the Spanish School o' Fencin' known as La Destreza. I was wonderin' if'n any o' ye scallywags be familiar with the art an' have any useful advice fer me. I gots no trainin' in the sword an' only know the basics o' European broadsword work as well as Asian technique. Remember, I said THE BASICS; I do na' claim ta be any kind o' expert in either. I've read a bit about the different fencin' styles an' I find that makin' meself inta a Diestro be the most appealin' ta me. So, anybody with any expertise is please requested ta give me a heads up an' any pointers ye might want ta pass along.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

I am not so familiar, but we do have the Lions School of Fensing here, that teaches both Spanish and French styles. I could always try ringing them. Also try SCA folks, most groups have Fencing as part of their main enactment stuff, along with heavy sword also. Just a thought. :)

THE best resource for any swordwork is the HACA site. I don't have it linked on this new computer (hate transferring files and stuff :rolleyes: ), but it was something along the lines of thehaca.com or haca.com

I'm sure that someone on the forums there knows of training links, if there aren't already some on that site. Also may be able to find training partners on there.

Wartooth