Taron Springs

Cap't Arly

cap't...iffin you were just going there the following week...i couldv'e played tour guide fer ye....

w are buying a house next town over from tarpon. i love that area. tarpon is a once-famous liitle greek community. best giros around.

as far as piratical stuff...i fear the worst, but there are other "nautical" things you might enjoy:

A mile south of the Sponge Docks (you must go to the sponge docks!) is downtown Tarpon Springs, which is listed in The National Register of Historic Places. A mixture of antique shops, art galleries, specialty shops, and restaurants, this area is the vibrant center of the city. Also in this area is the Cultural Center, where a variety of exhibits, concerts, and programs are held St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral, a replica of St. Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople, is open daily to visitors and worshipers. At the Universalist Church, the paintings of world-renowned landscape artist George Imess, Jr. can be seen from October to May. (they also offer cheap boat rides at the sponge docks out to the gulf ~$6, they are very nice/relaxing, and can usually see dolphins)

APRIL 2004 SUNSET BEACH CONCERT

April 8 - Free Family Entertainment at Sunset Beach. Sponsored by the City of Tarpon Springs Department of Public Services/Recreation Division. All concerts begin at 7 PM. Bring dinner coolers chairs blankets friends & neighbors. No alcoholic beverages - No pets. For more information call 727 938-3711.

if you are going to a beach wanting no crowds i reccommend:

Fred Howard Park, west of Florida Avenue, is a 150 - acre county park with a mile-long causeway connecting the offshore swimming area and the mainland. This beautiful park is open from 7 a.m. until sunset and offers barbeque grills, sheltered pavilions, children's playgrounds, fishing, windsurfing, public restrooms, and beach showers. (727-943-4081)

some other liitle towns close by to find thing to do is port richey and new port richey...clearwater, st pete, and tampa are just down the way. (there is a "pirate ship" boat tour in clearwater i think...ask lady elaina, she lives more down that way.

if you go to this website, it will tell you more info....hope you enjoy!

Tarpon Springs

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones