Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeClark

Pirate fantasy?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was just thinking the other night, with the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, why there hasn’t been a rush of fantasy Pirate stories. 

The Pirate films are essentially fantasy stories, whilst being set durring a historical point of time, the films feature magic and monsters. 

Is there any pirate fantasy out there? I think the high seas and pirates have the potential to make some interesting fantasy stories. I’ve read many fantasy titles that do contain a pirate like character, but normally only as secondary characters. 

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Please Help.

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:https://www.sffworld.com/forum/threads/pirate-fantasy.16723/

Business Marketing Examples

Tons of pirate fantasy stories out there.  Treasure Island is a classic, both book and many movies.  Really, just check your local library, bookstore or online and there are plenty of fictional pirate stories in book, film and plays. Heck, I've got well over a dozen children's books about pirates for my kids (I've even got more than one pirate Christmas book for them).  Most pirate books these days are fictional to a high degree, unless you're reading academic sources (and there are a number of those out there as well).  There really is no lack of fantasy pirate stories, as they've been produced in great quantities for well over the past century.  Hope this helps, but I'm surprised that you're not able to find anything even on the internet.  Additionally, the Pirates of the Caribbean films began over a decade ago, so they're really not the driving forces anymore.  Probably Black Sails has more influence these days.  I could probably be more helpful if you were more specific about what kind of stories you're searching for.  Are you looking for fiction using historical characters? Out of time pirate stories? Space pirates? Pirates vs. Ninjas? Gingerbread Pirates? Plausible yet still fictional pirate stories?  I could make recommendations for all these categories and more.  If you're just looking for nautical in general, I can help out there as well (can't go wrong with Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series or Forrester's Hornblower series).  Good luck.