Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeClark

First Time Traveling to Key West

3 posts in this topic

Hi All:

So I've decided to treat myself for my birthday and take my long wanted trip to Key West. After losing my mother last year I just decided to do whatever I want, and since my birthdays are now sad, I thought I would run away for it.
First thing's first, I'm flying on Delta, and yes, I'm on a 737 into EYW (one bucket list item crossed out). My travel dates are July 18-22.
So, I've booked the flight, and I'm still hotel shopping just in case a friend of mine decides to join me, but I'm leaning toward the Best Western Hibiscus Motel near Duval Street. I'm open to any ideas for a budget conscious traveler going to Key West (an expensive city) for the first time. I am hoping to see a waterspout while I'm there too (another bucket list item). So here are my dilemmas:
1) I land in EYW at 11:39 AM on July 18th. Any ideas on what to do until I can check into any hotel? Maybe a good plane spotting location?
2) Any objections to the Best Western Hibiscus (keep in mind, I just need a clean place to sleep with my own bathroom and close to the activity so I don't need to rely too heavily on quick transportation). 
3) What should I check out?
4) Any other advice is welcome!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1356707

whiteboard animation

You must go to 'Blue Heaven' for breakfast.  Fantastic breakfast fare.  You must also go to Cafe Sole for dinner.  Ask for 'the perfect dinner'.  It's not on the menu, but you won't regret it.