Farewell Twill

LookingGlass

Fair winds and following seas.

"Oh better that her shattered hulk should sink beneath the waves,

Her thunders shook the mighty deep and there should be her grave.

So nail to the mast her holy flag; set every threadbare sail,

And give her to the God of storms, the lightning and the gale."

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

As the current and final moderator of Twill, as well as ones of its oldest inhabitants, I'd like to thank everyone for all the awesome conversations over the last thirteen years. I know I've made a few good and long-term friends here. Here's to you all. You are all Captain Twill.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

To all who contributed - thank you for everything. May the Pub, and Twill, live on as a fond memory of the amazing, creative, brilliant folks we have chosen to share our free time with. Thank you, especially, to those that worked so hard behind the scenes to make it possible.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Does this mean I can now go to reenactments in a leather tricorn and bucket boots with a scantily clad 'female pirate', calling myself Captain Twill?  It's not like anyone can check my research anymore if I just have a bunch of random pyracy pub on my smart phone to show them :)

Oh, and ARRRGH!

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

No, however if you go in a leather tricorn and bucket boots AS a scantily clad female pirate that will be fine.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk