The Way Ahead

Fox

As we count down to the last days of Captain Twill thoughts turn to the future of historical pirate discussion.

Facebook is not such a good medium as Twill has been over the years, but it's unlikely to go away any time soon, so may I extend an invitation to any denizens of Twill who are not already members to join the Authentic Pirate Living History group on Facebook.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Moderators of said facebook group might want to have a couple of 'canned' answers to common questions filed away in a word document so that they can just be cut/pasted when those inevitable questions arise.  You know: bucket boots, proper flags and why pirates say "arrrgh" all the time.  Unfortunately we can no longer cite/link pyracy.com...

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

You think we don't already? :o 

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

The whole of the Pub is being closed down, yes.

There is a thread explaining HERE.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

On 28/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, Swashbuckler 1700 said:

Hmm. 

It seems all fairly specific and concentrated on reenacting. Do you deal with related but slightly deeper historical points? 

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Discussions of any aspect of golden age pirate history are welcome and encouraged.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

8 hours ago, Fox said:

Discussions of any aspect of golden age pirate history are welcome and encouraged.

At least for someone like me, and who is too a "weird"  foreigner,  it is less fun to lose this "privacy" behind anynomous forum account... But something to get used to I guess.

(BTW Foxe: I have your document collection book now. It is great, of course. Really something that makes me feel hunger of information is fairly well satisfied)  

Edited by Swashbuckler 1700

"I have not yet Begun To Fight!"
John Paul Jones

flag-christopher-condent.gif

There are plenty of weird foreigners in the APLH group, but I understand what you mean. Still, it might be a case of beggars not being choosers.

I hope you enjoy the documents. Volume II is in the works, but other projects keep getting in the way...

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk