The Pyracy Pub is Closing!

William Brand

I suppose I understand why it took so long for my application to be accepted...  That's truly unfortunate.  I've spent a few years searching this forum for all my wabts in the Twill section concerning my Pirate history.  And just as I received my email that I could post so then do I come aboard a sinking ship...

Here's my introduction.  An imbelishment for sure, but a fun one I assure.

Rumor spread quickly that two notorious pirates, Jonathan "Gruesome Grims" Grimuez and Aria "AL" or "The Sea Gypsy" Lane, had joined forces.  Grims' three masted Barque, The White Cap, made port in a little known pirate haven.  The crew off loaded and made way for the nearest Tavern.  While these pirates were well known by rumor, their exploits never took them outside of the Spanish Main.  Now in the Caribbean it was time to do what Grims did best.  Make an entrance.

He set his hat on a table that sat a pirate king, Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts, and he knew it.  He took his seat and with a heavy Welsh accent Roberts said, "What's yer business boy and why you be at me table?"

Grims' smirked and looked a Black Bart.  "I hear there be a gatherin' o' pirates.  I be a pirate so I be gatherin'"

Black Bart looked him and his crew over.  "Name?"

"Me name's Jonathan Grimuez.  Most people call me Jonny or Grims. Some people call me Gruesome Grims. Depends on how you met me.  This be me first mate Al the Sea Gypsy..."

He's cut off.  "Al the Sea Gypsy?  Yer sayin' Al and the Sea Gypsy be the same person and Al be a wench?"

A dagger sticks the table right between Bart's fore and middle finger.  He pulls his hand away slowly and closes his fist.  He looks nervously.

Grims perks up with a chuckle.  "Wanna know who shot holes in me hat?  I'll give ya two guesses and the first don't count."

Bart looks to Grims.  "I hear ya be more like Teach than yer reputation.  Nerry killed a man, freed slaves, and taking wench... women in yer crew.  I see slaves and women so the former be not hard to believe."

Grims looks to Al and winks.  He looks back at Bart with a serious look on his face.  "Killin' be a sharks game and unfortunately for you, Mr Bart, you be surrounded by sharks."

The ring of blades unsheathing sounds more like snakes hissing than swords being drawn.  A lengthy fight ensues.  Grims holds his pistol tightly but never leaves his seat.  Bart and Al engage.  He knocks her daggar from her hand and she jumps back onto a table throwing her boot knife into his shoulder.  She jumps towards him pulling a hidden fishing knife from the fold in her hat and draws it swiftly across Bart's neck.  He crumbles choking.  Grims shoots him dead.  The fighting ceases.

Grims looks around.  "There.  I killed a man.  A pirate King.  Now.  How many of ya land lubbin' Rum Jacks want to sail under a real captain?"

Blades sheath and tables are cleared of bodies.  The navigator walks up and asks what to do with the bodies.

Grims places his pistol into his belt.  "Tie 'em to the masts of Bart's ship and set it adrift.  May it be a grim reminder o' the foundin' of Grims' Rapscalions. "

So.  From the Pahrump Nevada born "Grims' Rapscalions" it was with great excitement that I could meet you all and it is with a heavy heart that I see you all go.

• 1 month later...

Arr.. so sad. I often visited these pages. I shall miss them. It has been a long time since my first login here. 

Thank you to all the contributors for brightening my days.

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.

William Blake (Proverbs of Hell , (1790))

• 2 months later...

Ahoy All -

It has been a grand sail. and sad to see the Pub sail off into the setting Sun.

Thank ye sirs for your time and efforts.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I wish it wasn't true. I always keep this place in my bookmarks and keep pointing to it like a compass points to true north. I suppose those of us who stick around or keep returning are the fair and true pirates. Considering how fleeting many youth, and elders, interests are and their NEED to have EVERYTHING at their fingertips quite literally that forums are 'inconvenient' to them because if some place doesn't have an app for easy go-to ability, they will no go looking for it. Sad, says I. Down right sad! 
To be honest, keep fighting for the Pub. I pray it sticks around because the next generation of Pirates will need something. After all, these other places advertising for joining crews require a HUGE payment, and who else really advertises and discusses a lot about piracy? The Pub is a Pirate's Treasure, to be sure. 

M' black heart remains here at the Pub. 

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 months later...

Well, it's nearing mid October and she still seems to be afloat, albeit seeming like a ghost ship these days.  It's still something I open up once in a while out of habit and nostalgia.  Cheers to all my shipmates at the pub throughout the years.

Coastie04

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Stynky a month or so ago and he was having some issue backing up the database so (in Stynky style) he has been putting off the closing of the forum until he can figure out the problems. Like your ghost ship, I imagine we'll just find it missing some day.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 5 years later...