The Gargoussier (ammo pouch)

I have constructed a simple gargoussier based on the 1701 description of Fr. Pere` Lebat and what images are available from that time period. I don't have pigskin to work with so I did this one out of cow. There really isn't much of a description aside from the general dimensions, so I just "winged it" for the missing info. I still have trouble loading pictures here at the library or I would have posted some shots.  The dimensions are "10 inches wide and six inches deep" and were worn on a wide cowhide belt with the multiple knives scabbards according to Lebat. I made two belt loops instead of one as it appears in drawings these were worn in front as a "belly-box" would be, and a single wide loop lets the pouch "fall-out" too much, while the double loops seem to keep it tighter to the belt. I did not attach a closure button for the flap as seen in a couple of the drawings as I prefer not to have to undo them for faster reloading. This is for when I take the wheel-lock out for a spin. (bad pun intended). Shooting pre made cartridges, I have found through much trial and practice, is the best method for loading and shooting this piece .

Does anyone have any better info than this for the construction and use of this article that I have not found?

Bo