new pub layout???

Silver

Yes, you are correct - that is indeed what happens and what you should be seeing at the moment.

That will change though, we're still wrestling with some issues as a result of the recent software update. Once things settle down and we've got those fixed, then we'll work at breaking the Pub due to a new graphic layout.

But Everybody, please chime in and and let us know of anything that isn't working the way you think it should.

The only issue I see right now (in the basic format) is that some of the posts are double posted when I check 'recent posts'.  Oh, and we don't have nearly the number of new, relevant posts as we did in the 'golden age of the pyracy pub' ;)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I think I saw some double postings early on, but I haven't noticed any for a while. . .at least when I'm not drinking.

Can we get some additional confirmation on this please - anybody seeing double postings?

As for the number of posts, that will change over time as the database rebuilds the index.

I think Coastie may be referring to the new way the recent postings section appears. I thought I saw some double listings (although not actually double postings) right after the change-over, but I wasn't used to the new format.

The emoticons aren't rendering. (A minor point, but something not working that I noticed.)

Maybe it's time to revisit the board structure, though. We could probably get by pretty well with just the top sections ('Joining the Crewe & Signing the Articles, Re-enactment & Living History, etc.) with the amount of traffic we have. While the multiple forums were useful when there was more traffic and more finely differentiated discussions, they seem lengthy and a little confusing these days. (Just a thot.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay, I amend my comment.  I was seeing double listings in the 'recent postings' section.  I don't see them now, so hopefully it's fixed?  Also, as for me the emoticons are rendering just fine (though if I remember correctly, didn't we have some pirate ones once upon a time?).  Also I agree with Mission in general that possibly trimming down the excess categorization for the current amount of traffic would be beneficial.  I don't know if you can have sub-sections and refile the less-used forums under 'archived material' or some such thing.

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Huh. Rendering just fine now. PiratesLOL.gif~c200

Stynky made the pirate icons but he didn't upload them the last time the forum underwent a major overhaul for some lame reason I've forgotten. Say, didn't we get rid of the hyphenation? (I am seeing it right now.) Again, minor thing.

I don't know that we need to archive posts (although I'm not exactly sure what that means with regard to this software), but we could combine the separate forums which are related to each other back into a single forum. (I'm saying this despite having put untold hours into separating them when we added forums.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Forum disorganization is William Brand's department, or at least it was before he got so busy.

I came across those emoji things recently. They got taken off-line because Mission gave me so much crap about them looking like dogs. Plus they weren't incorporated into the site software correctly and I found them co-oped and being used by some neo-nazi message boards. Aside from having a personal issue with that, they were also using my bandwidth in the process.

When I come across them again, I'll set 'em aside and see about incorporating them.

Only one of them looked like a dog. (The one that kept sticking its tongue out.) I believe I named him Phydeaux.

I learned a long time ago that you can't control what people think of your art. (You can stop them from stealing your bandwidth thought. Which I guess you did.)downtown_hampton_smiley.JPG

Mission_banner5.JPG