Michiel de Ruyter film

Jib

Anyone watched this film? I saw a slightly longer trailer all in English but could not find it again.

Michiel de Ruyter aka The Admiral official trailer

We don't seem to talk much about the Dutch as a naval power.

Oh great images of the ships in fast lines ready to fight!

• 2 weeks later...

Jib,

I've seen the film and while far from historically accurate it is VERY good. I am big time into Dutch maritime history and the Golden Age so this movie was a high point of my year. Although I was a bit disappointed, I was still very happy that someone finally made a movie about this time in history and this particular subject matter. It might not be historically accurate in many areas but totally has the right look and feel - and it is very entertaining.

I was hoping to see it in the States as well and have several of the movie alert services qued to tell me if it shows up in any American theaters. Haven't had even one alert yet even though the film was supposed to be released for American audiences last month. I would even travel hundreds of miles to see it in a different city.

I've been keeping track of it for quite some time. I wrote an article on it on my website with all of the trailers available: https://buccaneersreef.com/feature-day/features-day-page-2/

After I saw the movie I wrote a detailed review on my website covering all of the good points, bad points and inaccuracies: https://buccaneersreef.com/review-week/

I hope its ok to post links here. I've only ever been a periodic lurker around here. If not OK just please delete the post.

MK

Edited by modernknight1

Bought the Blu-Ray off Amazon (it's available in the US as an import).

I agree with modernknight1's assessment... A lot of historical inaccuracies, particularly in the clothing. But if you go into it not sweating the details, it is an awesome film. Great story, and very enjoyable.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 1 month later...