CHAT

William Brand

Still trying to get stuff packed and safe for the winter. So much left to do.

Between helping with the Fort Rodman Pyrate Invasion I'm researching Pirates in the Northeast, fact and fantasy, and writing stories that I can tell at events. Eventually working up to being a Bard. Also working on remembering Pirate and nautical terms. Having my own book in front of me makes it easier to talk to the patrons about the weapons that we have, how they were used/cleaned and the like.

The Pirates Cassandra & Phelan

Working on downrigging and winterizing my boat right now. The downrigging is done (i.e. the sails have been taken off and brought inside for storage), and I've got a start on the winter cover. Other than that...kids. Trying to keep up with the three year old while not completely ignoring the 6 month old, who is making sure I can't ignore him while he's cutting his first teeth (first one popped out today).

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Other than research and writing.... Taking inventory of exactly what we have for reenactments, and gathering them all into the same spot. (an epic task since we are merging 2 houses into an apartment and storage units) I'll be working on my part of the Fort Rodman Pyrate Invasion, The Salty Ball, and the master calendar of events that I post every year for everyone.

The Pirates Cassandra & Phelan

• 2 weeks later...

Still considering having KnitKriket do another Whalers Cap... if it gets colder. ;)

I have order M'lady's new pc outfit. Maybe a gown or frock coat in time for the Salty Ball.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I'm considering another KnitKriket hat as well. I need a brimmed monmouth against the coming winter. I've also just been invited to a very immersive event and I have to do a complete write-up to be considered. I don't when I'll find the time right now to do that.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Mr. Brand -

Check out Kristen's Etsy site for a brimmed Monmouth... looks like a wool top hat, well sort'a. :huh:

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Then you're the one responsible for my collection from Kristen. :P

Not hard... she does nice work. ;)

Even M'lady enjoys 'em in His/Hers models. Hers have an more obscure loop knited into the backs.

Fashionable enough to have been seen on NYC's 5 Ave, says I.

Contrary to KK's suggestion of a thrum on 5 th would start a new fashion statement, the Captain lacks the fortitude for that. :o

Jas. Hook

She does good work. Strangely, I had people buying her hats before I owned one myself. My first monmouth, and the one I still wear most often, was made by Gentleman of Fortune. It was that hat that I showed to Kristen and asked, "Have you ever considered historic hats?". Then the obsession was born. I think half the Mercury crew owns a Knit Kriket hat now.

I wear my monmouth all Winter. And I wear some open ended knit gloves the Kristen made. If you don't already have one, I can't recommend her 'gunnister purses' enough. It's such a great way to store small personal items.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg