What's Wrong with Black Beard? by Kevin P. Duffus

This is astounding. This is Kevin Duffus giving a presentation on March 19 to the Virginia Historical Society, "What's Wrong with Black Beard?" I saw a version of this talk about two years ago in Washington, North Carolina. This version is even better. Even if you disagree with some of his points, the evidence he has found relating to Blackbeard's history I think demonstrates how highly worth discussion and debate his position is. The sheer amount of evidence here has to make you at least think "there are too many coincidences for at least some of it to not be correct. Surely all these names matching all can't just be coincidence (at least some of the "coincidences" must not be coincidences by sheer odds of how many coincidences there are)."

He has a book out, in it's fourth edition, take a look at Duffus's website for getting the most recent edition that came out last year (rather than a earlier edition).

http://lookingglassproductions.org/LookingGlass2008/Books.html

Its interesting that two posters I know who are not Americans comment on this first. There are a number of Americans who, since they've written on Blackbeard before and neglected academic standards like Duffus mentioned, don't like Duffus's work because it goes against the story line people are comfortable with.