I would need a little help in translating, punctuation and maybe a bee

Maybe one of my primary skills is to pattern (or talking big?), I think that is a good skill for an old pirate like me. You know, the looting ships business is more for younger lads, telling the tales is more appropriate for riper dudes.

Unfortunately I am not a native english speaker.

A few days ago I started to renovate me a chest (or a locker) to use it at future pirate encampments. While I was thinking how to alter an old wooden locker to my new needs I started to spin a backstory of this locker, how I got it, who the prepossessor was etc. And suddenly a muse was kind enough to me to make up a really nice story (at least I believe so).

Now I would need a little help!

I think general translation I could achieve, but as soon at it comes to english punctuation and sentence construction some problems occur, because it is way different than german punctuation and sentence construction and I am already infamous in making very long sentences at all, not even easy for germans to read.

And maybe I could use some advise in period language too. I don't think I would like to have every second word an "Arrrrrr" or other comic pirat talk, but maybe a small dose of colorful language could make my story a little more pirate like.

So would/could somebody help me with this? I would much appreciate it!

Here's my text:

"You probably all know Davy Jones!?

Well this Davy Jones had a whole different life than that he is now known for. He was a shipmaster and eventually a part-time privateer.

And one day I met him. I don‘t remember the exact year but it was a Friday, a Friday October 31st!

A few weeks prior I had joined not completely voluntarily the crew of the then not as infamous captain Flint, as he now is.

The ship I was hired, more likely pressed - oh you know those brits - on before was a three-masted square-rigged Bristol merchantman on it‘s way to the West Indies and this ship was taken by Flint‘s crew and they asked me to join - you could probably imagine how pirates ask - because I was a shipwright back than.

At the day I should meet Davy Jones, Flint was hunting his ship for about half of the day till he could get close enough to start a short bombardment and finally board the other ship around sunset. We took all what was worth a honest pirate's sweat to carry aboard. Personally I took the shipmaster's own locker, because I was in the need of one, but I was noble enough to let him his undies, I just wanted the locker. As now one of the shipwright's on Flint's crew I had the privilege to choose so.

So I came in the posession of Davy Jones locker, which I still have in use. That is much more funny now, if you reconsider what later became of Davy Jones.

I state as often as a situation calls for, that I am the one who once robbed Davy Jones locker! Funny, isn‘t it?"

https://pyracy.com/index.php/gallery/image/7831-badman-tell-mo-tales/

Edited by 'Beer Belly' Bellamy

Signature%20640px.jpg

60 views but no comment - is something wrong with my request, is it to odd? I just want to know to avoid future errors!

Yours truly 'Big Belly'

I don't think so... some get responsed - others not. Have you checked your mail box?

I did a bit of a rework on your Davy Jones last week. ^_^

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney