FTPI 2015 Cancelled

Mission

Kristi "Mamasabi" Metcalf asked me to let everyone on the pub know that it is with heavy hearts that they must cancel the event this year. You can see the letter from the Friends of Fort Taylor below. (No one is more bummed than me.)

main_cancelled2_2015.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's an excellent opportunity to take a this next year and a half to raise funds, fine tune scripts, upgrade costumes, build props, reorganize infrastructure, make new financial allies and come back even stronger.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

It's an excellent opportunity to take a this next year and a half to raise funds, fine tune scripts, upgrade costumes, build props, reorganize infrastructure, make new financial allies and come back even stronger.

I truly hope it returns next year.

In the meantime...

upgrade "costumes"??!!?

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

As for me, I am intending to take the family to Key West anyway, being as it is relatively close at hand. I am also contemplating a full attendance at the Alafia River Rendezvous, a week-long, pre-1840, closed event.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Well, that stinks, but understandable given the current economic state of the nation. Maybe I will be able to attend a 2017 event if there is one. Looking at getting out of this nursing home business and getting a warehouse/driver position with the local electrical/plumbing supply house I have done business with since 1997.

Bo

I am sure that this has been said elsewhere,but...

Can we organize some smaller scale alternative(s) in our local areas as something of a fundraiser for FOFT?

I realize that I haven't made it to the event since '09, but I am having withdrawals at the thought alone of not getting there this year. I am even living in The Sunshine State once again and being this much closer to Cayo Hueso was a major factor in the decision to move home.

Any thoughts on how to keep this event viable? I would like to do what I can to help.

Cutter

The Red Herring

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."