Living History Pirate Encampment - Marco Island Florida June 2016

Capt_Jack_Stifler

https://www.facebook.com/events/396509460511929/

It is March, 1716. Fresh from salvage operations on the treasure fleet that sank the previous summer, the crew of the pirate sloop, the Scavenger, sail to a secluded section of Florida coast. There, they will celebrate their newfound wealth, and careen their vessel in preparation for the next hunt.
Along the way, they are joined by a host of other pirate vessels similarly enriched by the Spanish silver brought up from the depths. Together, they set sail for a deserted island, just off of a lonely stretch of Florida coast, far from the prying eyes of the governments of the world.

The idea is to portray a pirate camp from the height of the Golden Age of Piracy as accurately as possible, and to become immersed in the illusion for a few days. Hopefully it will be like stepping back in time.

We will be leaving for the island from Caxambas Park Marina, in Marco Island. I will have a canoe with a motor on it and am willing to ferry people and their gear out to the island on Monday, and back from the island on Friday. A permit is necessary to park overnight, to the tune of 8 dollars per night.

Everything must be as close to historically accurate as possible. From the clothing, to any weapons you bring, to your camp supplies, to your tent. Toiletries and medicines will of course be allowed, as long as they are stashed inside your tent when not in use. Coolers for food will be allowed too, as long as they are either disguised, or hidden.

We don't want to see any bucket boots, leather hats, eyeliner, or hair beads. We can all get lost in Hollywoods version of the golden age any time we like, but a portrayal that's as close to reality as is possible is something one does not often come across, and I hope you will all agree, is truly special.

This event will take place June 20th - 24th of 2016.

If you have any questions, please ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Only moderators or admins can move posts and edit titles. So I moved it from the March forum to the June forum, changed the title and added the date to the original post for you. You can edit your posts if you need to make any changes to them. B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG