Let's talk about seasickness for a moment ...

I did a study program at sea for six weeks two years ago. Even if ye get seasick, DO IT!!!!! Granted, I have a biased opinion because I don't get seasick. But the boat I was on had this stuff called Sturgeron, that a few people swore by. Also, mint tea is good for calming upset stomachs. The only time I got sick was after being below in a stuffy and locked bunk room for about half an hour, and then I think it was because one of my friends, who was a horrible cook, had galley duty for that day. We're talking macaroni with powdered cheese and powdered milk and stovetop stuffing mixed in fer good measure. :blink: But I would definitely do it. I'm thinking of doing another one in college.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably a bit late in posting this to help but ... stay busy with something that you have to work at.... the helm... pulling sheets.. what ever.. don't go below deck unless your real sure of yer belly. ginger pills ar somthing to always have in your pocket becouse they take about five to ten minutes to work. dramamine take a bit to work. avoid the smell of desiel or greasy food. stareing at the horizon helps a little .. I've found watching the waves as they hit and anticipating how they are going to effect the ship is a little better........... not five feet from the hull... more like two swells out. I hope yer well on yer way to a adventure of a lifetime and took lots of pic's. far niente

Arr...

Four weeks at sea without any alckohol?! Wot be ye, daft? Best ter be sick th' entire time, sez I, less'n ye come to yer senses at some pointe an' find yerself without a drink.

Th' only cure fer th' open seas be rum. Less'n o' course it be tropical seas, an' then rum with pineapple juice.

-Spydre

B) 'ere's a mug to that!!!!.......N'er had a problem wif rum, 'tis the mixers, wine, and fruit juices in combo that tend to put me stomach in launch mode!..Unless it be a passage in ruff water, such as the Gulf Stream, or points 'n capes, such as Conception and Flattery...Then it be do the best ye can on yer watch........