Be advised that we're taking down the gallery

William Brand

After careful consideration, weighed against cost and use, it's been decided that the image gallery should be removed. With so many popular, online, image storage sites available, we feel that we cannot justify the cost of maintaining an image gallery. There are more simple ways to store and link images to the Pub, so we'll be taking the gallery down at some point in the next few weeks. Please save any images that you don't have stored or linked offsite.

We will continue to archive all other materials on the Pub, as we always have, but the gallery's time has come and gone.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

This will create a bit of difficulty for me because all the movie stills from my movie review thread are linked to the Gallery, so presumably they will all go dead when the Gallery goes down.

I'm now in the process of putting all the movie stills on Photobucket. Once I've done that, I guess my best option will be to repost all my reviews in a new thread with new links to Photobucket. Once I've done that successfully, I'll ask for the old thread to be deleted. Is that OK?

We can do that.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

we roll with the high seas ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Thank you for spreading the word and saving what you need to other sources. We're going to archive the pictures as well, so even those who hear about this too late will have a source of recovery.

On behalf of the washed/unwashed swine who enjoy gaining enlightenment from said images, we thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

We can do that.

I started the new movie thread, but discovered that the movie images as I've saved them on Photobucket are the wrong size, so I'll need to re-edit them. Please don't delete the old movie thread yet.

Maybe it makes more sense to just lock the old one so no one can reply to it since other people commented on it? (I am sort of opposed to deleting threads unless there is a need to do so because it sort of contains the history of the forum in a way.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG