WDW POTC sail boats - what are they?

Ok, I know that WDW and the POTC ride are not exactly a textbook on authenticity, but on the ride there are a number of floating boats that looked interesting to me. Starting with the left side Q, just before you get on the ride boats, there is a boat being built on the ways, mostly just the keel and ribs in place, it is similar to the boat that is floating just to the left of the loading area. The boat seems to have a wide beam for it's length. Anyone have an idea as to what period and what kind of boat it is trying to represent? Also another similar boat is docked a little bit after the Mayor being dunked in the well, on the right side of the channel. Again, to my untrained eye, it looks as if it is part of the same style. The boats are single mast, not too big and might be able to be filled with boarders ;-) or at least make a good impression for a pirate festival.

If you have seen said boats, and have an idea where I might find more information on them or their like, please respond.

If you just want to blast away at all things Disney, go ahead, but it is not the purpose of my post, just want to know if these boats presented on the ride as props are only figments of an imagineer or have some basis in the real world.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

• 2 months later...

For the most part it looks like a long boat. The deck lay out, use of a tiller, spacing of the ribs and sitting in front of a windlass all say longboat. I've never seen a long boat with that much ornamentation on the bowsprit. I could be wrong but I think it's a general long boat.

Edited by DSiemens

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com