Peter Pan and hollywood pirates

You said barefoot twice? Any reason?

I should note that expect another adaption of Peter Pan coming to theaters in June of 2015 through Warner Brothers. Its the one of three that has actually made it to production of recently (the other two, one from Disney and the other from Sony both are stuck in development hell for now and show no signs of progressing).

Also " everyone knows real pirates wore boots" - good thing you added a symbol to denote sarcasm, a trip through captain twill threads here explains why.

Was Hook barefoot or in sandals? Either way, it sounds sort of humorous since he is usually shown all gussied up and wearing bucket boots. (Probably because the first thing I saw as a kid - the Disney version - so altered my concept of him that anything else seems odd.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoay me Privateer Friend!

Aye, sees in me thinkin', is a double ironic sarcasameeses, as seeings that The Hollywood is generally the reason why everyone thinks that . . . the boot bit, me means . . .

Aye!

John

Is Hook not shown in shoes most of the time? High heeled shoes? Certainly the Disney Hook is...the 1924 silent movie version of Captain Hook wore high heeled shoes, Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook in Hook wore shoes with red heels to signify he'd been at court...Boris Karloff in his turn as Hook wore high heeled shoes...however, Cyril Ritchard's Hook wore bucket boots in both of the early television's Mary Martin Peter Pan...Danny Kaye wore bucket boots in the Hallmark Hall of Fame version of Peter Pan Jason Isaacs wore bucket boots in the 2003 Peter Pan... Tom Herrel wore Bucket Boots in the Cathy Rigby Broadway version...Once Upon a Time's Colin O'Donaghue wears some kind of weird boot covers that look like they are Halloween costume leftovers...but I've never seen Hook barefoot, unless the croc tore his sock off...

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg