Pirate Documentaries

I just finished watching a documentary on History 2 channel called Pirate Island. It was about Madagascar shipwrecks. Good viewing...made me wonder what other pirate documentaries people have seen. I saw the Whydah exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota when it was in town, and the same guy who discovered that shipwreck is the person this Pirate Island documentary follows.

Ozgur K. Sahin

Independent Author of

The Wrath of Brotherhood

Book 1 of the Brethren of the Spanish Main series.

http://www.ozgurksahin.com/

National Geographic has documentaries on the Whydah, and (drawing a blank/brainfart) another ship of renown. Queda Merchant or something like that? I hate it when something slips off the brain at the moment you are trying to relate it dangitt! Now I'll be driving home and it'll hit me when I'm unable to post it here.

Bo

Post Script:

Yes, I just remembered to check the Shipyard section of this forum. The Queda Merchant was Captain Kidd's ship. Nat'l. Geo. made a good documentary on it.

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Is it the Mocha Frigate? That was one of two ships sunk in the harbor of Isle Saint Marie, along with the Great Mahomet. Those were the last two ships mentioned on the Pirate Island special I saw last night, with Barry Clifford (discoverer of the Whydah) conducting the operation.

Ozgur K. Sahin

Independent Author of

The Wrath of Brotherhood

Also from National Geographic a few years ago they produced Blackbeard Terror at Sea, a made for TV live documentary. It's on DVD and available through Amazon ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I also saw Barry Clifford at the MN Science Museum in 2012. His description of what they found on the "pirate island" was amazing! We can only hope some of these artifacts are made available to the public soon!

Nice, you live in MN too? I hope they come back through here with the Madagascar artifacts. It was such an excellent exhibit last time. Maybe there will be more detail for me to research too, for my next books. :D

I should check out the National Geo and Blackbeard documentaries. I think it's cool there are TWO new "tv" series coming out (if you count Netflix and indie production as "tv"). Hopefully demand will rise again...

For myself, I just like watching and reading this stuff.

Ozgur K. Sahin

Independent Author of

The Wrath of Brotherhood