Pirate Trousers ?

I'm looking for a place where I can buy period correct style trousers for myself and my crew. I've looked everywhere, to no avail, and I thought that this would be the place to ask. When I say trousers, I mean something like what is worn by Anne Bonny or Edward Teach in their respective pictures from that era. Any and all help would be MOST appreciated!

I've looked at Jas Townsend, and they don't have anything from the 18th century like that. The closest thing, and I even asked them after I found them, are their fly front breeches from their mens 19th century collection. That's what I was looking at, and they did say that they should work, but I wanted another opinion.

Try the Scarlet Scarab

Lisa does slop pants. Give her a call and see what she can whip up for ye.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

One thing to really be cautious of, is even when you can find something that claims to be correct.... it is more often than not "drop front". "Drop front" style breeches, trousers, and slops all are from the later half of the 18th century... make sure if you are buying instead of making that you get something with a straight button fly (also referred to as "French fly)

Michael_banner.jpg

Have you tried http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/ ?

They've got a great variety of patterns if you do end up trying to sew it yourself. You might also contact them and see if they would sew it for you, though I'm not sure if they have the time for that these days. Can't hurt to ask!

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...