It's been a while

I'm sure no one here remembers me. I was referred to this board by a friend, and I posted a bit about my crew and the sail boat I lived on at the time, but then I kind of fell off the face of the planet.

I was a young man, 19, and my father had just passed away. I inherited some money and spent it foolishly. I partied a lot, and pushed my girlfriend away. When it was gone, much of my crew either stabbed me in the back in some way, or just quietly slunk into the background. Then my girlfriend left me. I moved back in with my mom, my room mates not being able to share their part of the rent, and I went back to school. I blamed my lifestyle choices, partying all the time with the crew, for what had happened, and I swore off the pirate life. Hah, pretty dramatic, eh ?

I got my life back on track, and met someone new, and eventually found my way back to all things piratical. I'm working on making my old costume more period correct now, and working on swelling the ranks of my crew once again, this time with good people, people who share my passion for history.

I am Captain Jack D. Stifler, Captain of the Scavenger, and it feels good to be back.

Edited by Capt_Jack_Stifler

Welcome back into the fold, Captain Stifler. You won't be the last pirate to come and go from these parts or to leave the hobby and return again. It's good to have you back. You should bring the new crew down to the Keys for the Fort Taylor event in December. We'd love the added company.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Good to see you again. I, for one, do remember you as you are from my neck of the woo...er...seas. Whatever happened to your lovely boat?

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

My treacherous first mate, William Wick, ran it aground on the bars that ring the south eastern bit of Tampa Bay. Then, he went around robbing local boats. Too bad he now works for Pieces of Eight out of Fort Myers, I don't think they know who he is. I ended up doing my best to fix it up, and I sold Vesper at a hell of a loss, though, I sold it to the gentleman who was born aboard in the 70s. Too bad though that his father, who owned it in the 70s, had been unable to keep it, or his house, up. The bank seized it, and put it up for sale online. A friend told me about it, and I went there , only to find the bilge filled with water and all the bronze portholes stripped. Made for a hell of a depressing day....

You've talked about period camping in your posts so may I direct your attention to the Mercury Careening Camp page: https://pyracy.com/index.php/topic/9815-the-mercury-1720-careening-camp/?hl=careen

Lots of good stuff in there.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...