Crossbones TV series

Jib

It ended well for what it was. Only one loose end which was expected if they hoped for sequels. I actually would have liked to have seen another season. The dialogue and intrigue was fun.

Edited by DSiemens

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com

Now that the show is over, I have to say I rather enjoyed it. It's clear that there was never any intention of presenting something historical but rather, something entertaining in the way of a pirate fantasy. I think JM as an older Blackbeard was great and the flashbacks of him with a full head of black hair, and yes, a black beard, was outstanding.

Sorry to hear it did not get picked up for second season.

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

• 7 months later...

I haven't dared watch the series for fear I would rather want to skewer & run through some people rather than enjoy the series.

All in all, is it worth it? Is it worthy?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady B -

I enjoyed the series and to my suprise so did the missus. I don't subscribe to cable so I picked up Season One on a DVD set.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I watched the first three episodes. Remarkable that I made it that far, I must have been feeling particularly masochistic. The plot was predictable and pedestrian; the writers had obviously never studied one iota of fighting sail tactics, much less simple physics; Malkovich could never decide on an accent even from scene to scene; and the costumes varied from passable at a Renaissance faire to "Here, put on these pyjamas and wrap a sash round your waist. They'll never know the difference. And yell 'YARR' a lot!". Purely crap television and even worse pirate fiction. Avoid it at all cost. Watch "On Stranger Tides" in reverse. It would make more sense.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?