which axe will i wear today

Silver

blair higgins of LOYALIST ARMS is going to add another boarding axe to their line. he is asking or polling for comment on 4 prototypes on the facebook page "WORLD WIDE PIRATE COMMUNITY"

'hoy Silver!

Couldn't locate the page.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Aye mate, just copy and paste into yer FaceBook search browser line and should come right up. There's a few more posts on that page now, so you have to scroll down a bit to find it.

On the axe survey, I'm glad they are looking to bring out another model, but if they go by the survey, the currently-leading model looks to be the one with the back-facing hook on the bottom inside of the main edge. Now that one does look way-cool, I'll admit. My reading shows these to be late 18th C / early 19th C and almost specifically American (see Boarders Away etc.). So would be great for all the Rev War and spot-on for 1812 events, but not so great for GAOP or earlier use.

Aye,

John

about finding the page that what i dislike about the facebook situp it jumps as new posts load. "PAIN" it's great for chit chat, but to carry a thread, good luck.

• 2 months later...

And then there are those of us who despise Facebook and are not members and therefore cannot view your examples.........

Getting tired of everyone doing things on Facebook, contests entered through 'likes' etc. JMHO

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

i haven't bothered to go back and see which axe he will produce. it looks to me that most people selecting the rev war -1812(one with the teeth) are of the rein fair style of pirate and the teeth made the axe look bad ass. i also notice as the more historical pirate presona fades the rein fair pirate seems to be alive and well! if i wanted to make money i would have to sell to them.

Agree on the RenFaire Pirates being a big market, and good on vendors for taking care of them as well. As long as they take care of us historical types too!

I don't see any decrease in the historical Pirates around here (SE US), even an uptick I think over the last year. Not sure if it's because the economy has gotten better for some folks, or that there's more exposure with more events going on now, or (more likely) some combination of both.

I gotta say it was a little heartbreaking that an otherwise awesome video I filmed this past weekend of real sailing ships firing broadsides was overcome with a soundtrack of two "dockside dollies" next to me talking all about what they were wearing. The actual cannon reports drowned out everything, but everything else that you heard was them . . . while watching beautiful sails pass by only a few yards off the dock! Och well!

All the Best Mates-

Aye!

-John

just attended the blackbeard event this weekend, my thought was it was a little thin on pirate reenactors and your walk on rein fair types you-know(huge hats lots of feathers and enough bobbles around their necks to sink a 40 gunner) there were open sites that in the years past had been crew camps. also have begun to see CW, 1812, folks pirating up some what to get in.

Back to axes, there was an boarding axe at the pirate camp weapons table but the only axe I saw being carried was by Matt of Baltimore Knife and sword.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

could not help myself! i went over and reconned loyalist arms many web sites not sure which is the lates. as of 10 min ago there is not a new axe or hint of one. looks like the same axes he has had forever.