Permission to come aboard...

privypiper2002

I wanted to say hello to everyone here. I'm an older pirate from the Arizona Ren-Fair days. I have been plundering the southwest for some 30 years. I'm a nurse when not plundering and a retired minister. I can still do marriages or a quick exorcism after a night out pub crawling. My only real claim to fame was that I was one of the suppliers for baldriks and belts for Disney's POTC. The only down side to that is when you work for the mouse you sign a non compete clause that states you cannot sell anything related to POTC under your name.....sigh.....

So as they say, "Fire your leward guns, or nail your colours to the mast."

Extra credit if you can guess who made that quote. :-)

Welcome aboard, mate. Time to change yer name I think. Wait...if you do exorcisms you could always tag one of those wayward spirits to be your "ghost" salesman.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Yes, please do post some pics of your work!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

You can see most of my work on in the movie. Only two pieces on the principal actors the rest on the vaious crew members. They were kept in a costume bin and unless you were a main actor with signifigant camera time you went to the bin. Still loads of fun. I recently let go a captain Barbossa hat to an avid collector. I will be making another soon. Odd little note. If you look at captain Barbosssa's baldrik it is just a nicely weathered Scottish crossbelt All the buckles are still available from any highland supply. I have an extra just in case. Like I mentioned, Can't say the POTC on ebay or Disney would be given me the black spot. *shudder*

When it comes to exorcisms it usually comes down to holding someones hair while they expell the foul deamons while kneeling at the porcelain alter. But I digress.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Even though I have been absent for a while I am still learning and reading. He was a marine if I am not mistaken and to nail the colors to the mast meant they would not surrender, they would fight to the death.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• 1 month later...