Mercury Ship in a Bottle by Daniel Siemens

Mission

This month's Surgeon's Journal article has nothing whatsoever to do with surgery. Rather, it's about a wonderful copy of the Mercury Crew's Ship (the Mercury, natch) which I commissioned Daniel Siemens to make for our crew's Quartermaster and founder, William Red Wake. I gave it to William at the Fort Taylor Pirate Invasion.

Daniel kept me updated throughout the year on his progress, which you can read all about in this article on my webpage. He does lovely work and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a ship in a bottle.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The temptation to take it down and look at once a day will probably wear off little by little, but it's too cool.

And NO it doesn't go in the tub with the duckies. :unsure::D

Splendid model! Daniel did a really nice job.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Mission - Thanks for putting up the article. You did great work putting it together and mixing in my parts. It is an enjoyable read even with all my technical stuff. Thanks again for the experience it was a lot of fun. If I wasn't drowning in work and school I'd start the next one. Maybe when year end is over.

William - I'm so glad your happy with her. I have to admit the week or so before I sent her to Mission I did the same thing.

Thank you Jas. Hook. I appreciate your compliments and you are most correct she definitely does not belong with the duckies. :o

Edited by DSiemens

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com

Don't worry about making a second one. Start a new project instead - it'll be more fun for you. :)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks Mission. I have started the Queen Anne's Revenge and posted a log on this forum. It's much smaller and less detailed so it'll make for a quicker build.

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com