Round Ball Moulds

Johnathan Atwood

I am looking for some period accurate moulds for .735 round balls and a pouring ladle that can be used in an encampment. Suggestions?

They show up on ebay from time to time, unfortunately usually listed without ball diameter mentioned. Many are stamped with a number indicating guage, rather than actual diameter of the ball. The guage is the number of balls per pound.(There are conversion charts available on line.) Most of those old moulds have a built-in cutter to remove the sprue.

There are some available at Track of The Wolf, but not a .735. Closest they have is a .710, looks like this:bag-mold_1.jpg

I think I have a link somewhere to another source, custom made but really expensive. I'll see if I can find it.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Howdy. I just thought I might drop in and shoot you this info on a round ball mold that might work for you. Midway USA carries a .735 round ball mold at http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846989/lyman-1-cavity-bullet-mold-735-diameter-round-ball that might serve what you need. Hope this helps.

Edited by Deacon