Slops for the lassies?

Jib

I was talking with my lady the other day about her pirate kit. She's always been the kind of gal who enjoys more the Hollywood-light "Hot Topic" style of pirate. Emphasis on fashion and comfort. I asked her if she'd ever consider taking a more historical approach and creating a period correct kit. Her reply was "only if it's comfortable". If the clothes are too heavy and hot in the summer or too light and thin in the late spring and early summer she won't wear it. Likewise if it binds, pinches or is restrictive she has no interest. She has zero tolerance for discomfort.

She has always liked my slops and so I thought it might be a nice approach to offer her the option to dress like a man (Read and Bonny). I find my kit very comfortable, indeed I like my slops more than most shorts I own.

So I took a look to see if I could pick her up something online but had no luck. Most of the slops made are for men and start at a 28" waist. I could contact someone who makes speciality items but would like to keep the cost down.

Do you have any suggestions?

Honestly I'm okay if she wants to continue as a Hot Topic pirate Barbie. She isn't going to put on stays or a bodice even if people swear they are comfortable. I just thought it might make a nice gift for Christmas as alternative for her.

Jib -

The Misses was sized up and ordered a set o' slops from Lisa (Scarlet Scarab) at Hampton and picked up early this month when at Red Mill. M'lady likes 'em. ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Jib -

Christmas isn't that far off. If these will be a gift for yer Pirate Queen, I wouldn't delay too long in placing an order due to lead time.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney