Ashley Book of Knots for Sale

Captain Jim

After waiting patiently for a reasonably priced first edition of Ashley's Book of Knots, I now find myself in possession of two. When it rains... At any rate I plan to pass on my good fortune to one of you. For a limited time I'm going to offer one of them here. It's not "book collector" perfect but is in excellent used condition, 95% or better. There are two flaws of note: one is the the front cover has a diagonal wrinkle across the bottom half. No damage to the interior of the cover or the binding. The other is that the slip cover has been covered in clear packing tape, so as to preserve it, I suppose, but dropping the collectible value by a bit. So there it is. $65 plus shipping and I can do PayPal. I won't post pictures unless requested as I think we all know what Ashley's looks like, except this one has tape and the tape doesn't show up well in pictures. After a week or so I'll post it on eBay. Or bring it to Key West for auction.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 2 weeks later...

I must have bid on this book twenty times on eBay over the last few years. It was probably you bidding it out of my budget every time.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Not me. Ebay prices always too rich for my blood. Found mine at a different source. You can get the 1993 reprint for cheaper, though. Goodwill created an online presence and good deals can be had there although the professionals have begun to move in.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...